In Xcode4, the new interface builder says “no selection”
I am using the xcode 4.02 for iPhone programming. In the new interface builder, when I click a button (or any other GUI-element) and go to the “attributes inspector” it says “no selection”. For a while I thought I could solve the problem by saving the nib-file, but it does not always work.
How can I solve this problem?
- Why is self.view.subviews an empty array in viewDidLoad?
- UISearchBar modifying its frame/bounds when clicked
- Localize a view within a storyboard using “User Defined Runtime Attributes”
- Infinite loop when overriding initWithCoder
- Two targets with separate .xib (image resources with same names)
- iPhone Interface Builder - Moved resources to sub-directory, now IB can't see them!
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “In Xcode4, the new interface builder says “no selection””
There seems to be a bug in Attributes Inspector in Xcode 4. When this happens to me I usually do this:
- Switch to another (non IB) file in the current tab
- Launch a new Tab (cmd T)
- Open the original IB file in this new tab
The Attributes Inspector will magically show in the new tab.
I just had to close the assistant editor and the debug area and then it magically showed up. If you don’t have the assistant editor open then all you need to do is open it, then close it again. That should fix it too.
If you don’t know what the assistant editor is I have highlighted it in red:
Do you open the inspector window by clicking the 3 button in the views group? Once you do that the attribute inspector is shown on the left and you can now open the nib files and select any gui element.
Does it work if you click the GUI element after making the attributes inspector visible?
- “no ivar” on xCode Instruments Leaks Cycles graph
- GCD: How to remove waiting tasks from serial queue?
- How to do transforms on a CALayer?
- Tool for transitioning to ARC
- objc_msgSend crash report sometimes from Crashlytics
- Xcode: Setting GCC_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS for different build configurations?
- Firebase Swift: queryEqualToValue by childKey is not working
- Segmentation fault: 11 when attempting to codesign .app
- Binary operator '+' cannot be applied to two CGFloat operands?
- How to play youtube video using URL in AVPlayer IOS?
- How to generate NSManagedObject classes in Objective C instead of Swift?
- SKLabelNode text with two different fonts and colour. How is this possible?
- Keeping a long-term reference to an IOS AddressBook entry
- In what situation would one use expectationForNotification in swift testing
- Is it possible to write inline assembly in Swift?