In Xcode4, the new interface builder says “no selection”
I am using the xcode 4.02 for iPhone programming. In the new interface builder, when I click a button (or any other GUI-element) and go to the “attributes inspector” it says “no selection”. For a while I thought I could solve the problem by saving the nib-file, but it does not always work.
How can I solve this problem?
- Xcode 4 with opening brace on new line
- Is it possible to view the contents of files in the iOS Application sandbox while debugging?
- Strange behavior of Xcode Build Products Path under Build Locations
- OpenCV install in xcode
- Storyboard and Switch Views?
- Xcode iOS project only shows “My Mac 64-bit” but not simulator or device
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “In Xcode4, the new interface builder says “no selection””
There seems to be a bug in Attributes Inspector in Xcode 4. When this happens to me I usually do this:
- Switch to another (non IB) file in the current tab
- Launch a new Tab (cmd T)
- Open the original IB file in this new tab
The Attributes Inspector will magically show in the new tab.
I just had to close the assistant editor and the debug area and then it magically showed up. If you don’t have the assistant editor open then all you need to do is open it, then close it again. That should fix it too.
If you don’t know what the assistant editor is I have highlighted it in red:
Do you open the inspector window by clicking the 3 button in the views group? Once you do that the attribute inspector is shown on the left and you can now open the nib files and select any gui element.
Does it work if you click the GUI element after making the attributes inspector visible?
- Objectivec set shadow to parent view
- Best way to implement RKReachabilityObserver in RestKit
- self.window.rootViewController vs window addSubview
- Setting font for UITextfield place holder in swift
- Where to get iOS system symbols for other iOS versions
- How to find the kind of errors a method may throw and catch them in Swift
- How to make my UIBezierPath animated with CAShapeLayer?
- Move Folder with images
- Display local UIImage on UIWebview
- ios 8 UITableViewCell detail text not correctly updating
- Adding Google Objective-C API 'GTL' to iPhone project
- Image is not fit to the frame of UIImageView
- Generate RSA Public Key from Modulus and Exponent
- Mutiple pickerviews with multiple textfield inputviews swift
- Using C++ to access Documents folder on iOS