iOS 9.3.2 Breaks MPMusicPlayerController
I’m trying to integrate Apple Music to my app, I managed to get it working flawlessly until this morning.
After updating to iOS 9.3.2 nothing is the same:
The permission system works the same (SKCloudServiceController) to retrieve the AuthorizationStatus and Capability of the user.
However, the MPMusicPlayerController do not behave the same using the new iOS version, let me explain :
On iOS 9.3.1, if I call the playerController.play() method after setting my tracks in playerController.setQueueWithStoreIDs(:_), I immediately receive the MPMusicPlayerControllerNowPlayingItemDidChangeNotification with the playerController.indexOfNowPlayingItem equal to 0 and the music is playing normaly.
On iOS 9.3.2, if I call the playerController.play() method after setting my tracks in playerController.setQueueWithStoreIDs(:_), I immediately receive the MPMusicPlayerControllerNowPlayingItemDidChangeNotification with the playerController.indexOfNowPlayingItem equal to NSNotFound and the music not playing.
I checked this behavior on iPhone 6, 6s, 6s+, and 5S. On iOS 9.3.1 everything works and the behavior is extremely unlikely to succeed in 9.3.2 (it works like 1% of the time).
I also looked up some app already offering the Apple Music integration on the Store, the result is the same, the apps are not working properly on iOS 9.3.2. That’s why I filled a bug report to Apple.
If anybody has a solution to this problem, I’d love to hear it !
!!! Update !!! :
I just noticed that MPMusicPlayerController.setQueueWithStoreIDs(_:) just disappeared from the documentation this morning :O, it was there since March 21 2016 !
It’s still THERE
- Writing image metadata (EXIF/TIFF/IPTC) to image file in OS X
- How to remove all gesture recognizers from a UIView in Swift
- UIWebView – How to Disable Action Sheets (UIActionSheet)?
- Swift equivalent of Array.componentsJoinedByString?
- Cropping center square of UIImage
- IPhone Interface Builder: Z-Index, Z-order of a button, image, ui element, etc?
- iOS 'Web App' has different localStorage than Mobile Safari
- OpenSSL on iPhone
- Detect when a volume is mounted on OS X
- How can I get indexPath.row in cell.swift
- iPhone/Xcode: can different project targets have different bundle identifiers?
- NSDictionary to NSArray?
- iOS real device get EXC_BAD_ACCESS when runAction on node
- Get latitude/longitude from address
- XCode 4.3: Static Library Generation