iOS7 and Apple Watch
I have a app with the minimum iOS target iOS7.
I am considering in add some extra features with the apple watch. Theres is any option to maintain the iOS7 as the minimum target and still add support for apple watch if the app is running on a iOS 8? Something like the extensions/widgets of the iOS8.
Thanks in advance
- Playing videos in WatchKit app
- Creating progress circle as WKInterfaceImage in Watch App
- NSXMLParserErrorMessage - Could not open data stream
- Localize watchkit companion app display name
- Dictionary becomes nil when trying to pass back CLLocation object to iOS app extension
- Detecting Apple Watch in iOS 8
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “iOS7 and Apple Watch”
You can set your deployment target to iOS7.x and make sure you build against iOS8.2 SDK. You will need to set the frameworks as
optional (weak linking) in your build settings and perform run time checks to ensure you don’t attempt anything with them on an iOS7.x device.
Optional frameworks will resolve as
nil in an app where the framework is not linked.
Yes, it’s possible by weak linking WatchKit and performing runtime checks if required classes are available. Check this out on Raywenderlich.
In my case the only thing I had to do was creating the extension with Objective-C (Swift is not allowed on some iOS versions) and downgrading the Extension app target version to 8.2 instead of 8.3.
- Xcode 4 plugin development
- How to reload my UIViewController on click of some buttons?
- iOS 8 Extension How To Detect Running
- What is happening to my sprite when using init(rect:inTexture:)?
- Most efficient way to iterate over all the chars in an NSString
- + — what's the point?
- Parse geo-queries always empty
- Converting NSArray Contents to a varargs (With ARC) For Use With NSString initWithFormat
- iOS swift Post request
- xcode 7 cannot assign a value of type '' to a value of type ''
- Pan gesture interferes with UISlider
- Can an Objective-C object be deallocated while an instance method is being invoked on it?
- WatchOS2 WCSession How many delegates can the WCSession have in WatchKitExtension?
- Objective-C Simple way to take a photo without a camera interface. Just get a picture from camera and save to a file