iPhone: Access voice memos programmatically
I am writing an app that plays some simple voices and sounds using
AVAudioPlayer. However, in order to really make the app “killer”, it would need to access the users’ own voice memos so that they can play back their own memos using my app (my app actually does something cool with the memos, so there is actually a point to using it! :p).
I haven’t been able to find any documentation on this, nor any guides (here or out in the cloud).
Is this even possible or do I have to add a little guide asking the user to record a sound, import to iTunes, sync with device, then access it via the music library? Or perhaps another solution of recording in-app?
- AVAudioPlayer is always nill and its isPlaying property is always false. The files are mixed while playing
- AVAudioSession Swift
- Get AVAudioPlayer to play multiple sounds at a time
- Why calling audioplayer.play(atTime: delay) makes no sound regardless of the value of delay
- Play sound with a little delay
- Using Apple's new AudioEngine to change Pitch of AudioPlayer sound
Solutions Collect From Internet About “iPhone: Access voice memos programmatically”
Right, so under the current versions of iOS, this isn’t possible at all.
As mentioned, the best thing is to simply us AVAudioRecorder to record directly into the app itself.
- iOS:Add view below navigation bar across viewControllers
- Growl/toast style notifications library for iOS
- iOS Documents Directory size limit
- Apple and stripe : Merchant id/apple pay certificate could not seen in xcode
- Setting up audio queue for ffmpeg rtsp stream playing
- Detect changes on NSUserDefaults
- Default property value with closure makes a compiler to recompile all files
- Is there a constant for the maximum CGFloat value?
- Xcode says “Uncommitted Changes” Whenever I try to git pull or push
- Error – Thread 1: signal SIGABRT (unrecognized selector sent to instance)
- How to find the Apple Push Notification Delivered to user or not from our server?
- How to remove XCode 4.2 and install 4.1 to develop Ruby / Rails on OSX Lion?
- Mapping iOS 7 constants to 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE etc
- swift protocol, IBOutlet property cannot have non-object type
- Show a view as a swipe up gesture in front of another view