iphone app doesn't respond after starting in landscape orientation on iPad
My iPhone app doesn’t respond when launched on an iPad in landscape mode.
If it launches in portrait mode everything works fine. In landscape orientation nothing works until the app is rotated or the 1x 2x button is pressed.
I’ve tried debugging the app with breakpoints and stepping through the code but it shows that the app is running normally in the debug console.
- Position UIview when changing orientation
- present and dismiss UIViewController with completion blocks - without protocols and delegates
- Completion block for popViewController
- viewDidLoad for UIView?
- Storyboard segues causing memory leaks
- How can I completely reload a view so that viewDidLoad gets run again?
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “iphone app doesn't respond after starting in landscape orientation on iPad”
I have found that this is unique to iOS 6 devices, but if you remove all of the entries under “Supported interface orientation” in the app’s plist, this problem goes away. Or if you check the “Hide during application launch” option for the “Status Bar” settings on the Summary screen of the Target settings, this also fixes it:
There’s no logical reason that I can see that either of these options should fix this bug, but they both do.
If you play around with the supported orientation settings in iOS 6, you can still programmatically control the permitted interface orientations via
supportedInterfaceOrientations (or in iOS 5, you can still use the
It seems that just adding
[[UIApplication sharedApplication] setStatusBarHidden:NO withAnimation:UIStatusBarAnimationNone]; at the beginning of didFinishLaunchingWithOptions: function does the trick. No need to change the plist settings file.
- Use of undeclared identifier 'kUTTypeMovie'
- Using Cocoapods in Xcode 7.3
- When can I use a SFSafariViewController, WKWebView, or UIWebView with universal links?
- Real TIme Image Processing (OCR)
- iOS Swift: Separate AppDelegate for XCTest
- How to add ToolBar Above Keyboard?
- Modeling Object Inheritance in a REST Api
- Cylinder Orientation between two points on a sphere, Scenekit, Quaternions IOS
- Comparing two dates with nsdate
- MvvmCross: How to force a specific orientation on MvxViewController in iOS 7 on iPhone
- Itunes Connect: Can't See Build
- Installing PIL on OS X Snow Leopard w/Xcode4 (no PPC support)
- Animate custom presentation of ViewController in OS X Yosemite
- Xcode using schemes to determine dev/staging/production server URLs