iphone app doesn't respond after starting in landscape orientation on iPad
My iPhone app doesn’t respond when launched on an iPad in landscape mode.
If it launches in portrait mode everything works fine. In landscape orientation nothing works until the app is rotated or the 1x 2x button is pressed.
I’ve tried debugging the app with breakpoints and stepping through the code but it shows that the app is running normally in the debug console.
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “iphone app doesn't respond after starting in landscape orientation on iPad”
I have found that this is unique to iOS 6 devices, but if you remove all of the entries under “Supported interface orientation” in the app’s plist, this problem goes away. Or if you check the “Hide during application launch” option for the “Status Bar” settings on the Summary screen of the Target settings, this also fixes it:
There’s no logical reason that I can see that either of these options should fix this bug, but they both do.
If you play around with the supported orientation settings in iOS 6, you can still programmatically control the permitted interface orientations via
supportedInterfaceOrientations (or in iOS 5, you can still use the
It seems that just adding
[[UIApplication sharedApplication] setStatusBarHidden:NO withAnimation:UIStatusBarAnimationNone]; at the beginning of didFinishLaunchingWithOptions: function does the trick. No need to change the plist settings file.
- NSTextField margin and padding? (Swift)
- Add a method to Card that creates a full deck of cards, with one card of each combination of rank and suit
- Delete ImageView From SubScrollView In Swift
- Prevent UIWebView for Repositioning for input field
- Cordova: How to set Platform-specific config.xml file which is not overwritten after cordova build?
- What does Main.1 output file do in XCode?
- Converting a C-style for loop that uses division for the step to Swift 3
- Swift handle action on segmented control
- Navigation Bar Title Font Size
- Is iOS 7 Multipeer Connectivity compatible with Android Wi-Fi Direct?
- Objective-C NSMutableArray mutated while being enumerated?
- How to make HTTP Post request with JSON body in Swift
- App crashes when not backgrounded and opened using URL Scheme
- What is the “stringWithContentsOfURL” replacement for objective C?
- Four point gradient in iOS