iPhone configuration utility failed to locate 'Apple Mobile Device Support'
I am currently using the Marmalade SDK on my Windows machine to build an app. I am trying to test the app on an iPhone, and downloaded the iPhone Configuration Utility in order to do so. However, whenever I launch it, I get the following error:
iPhone configuration utility failed to locate ‘Apple Mobile Device Support’. Please Reinstall the iPhone Configuration Utility. You can download the iPhone configuration Utility from http:://www.apple.com/support/iphone/enterprise.
However, even when I re-install it, I keep getting the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- string replace phone number iOS swift
- Background task when apns received
- How to vertically align a UILabel used as a leftView in a UITextField with the textField's text?
- How do I add an unordered list or a bullet point every new line in a UITextView
- Objective-C: NSLinguisticTagger “new york” vs “New York”
- XCODE 7.1 Swift 2 Unknown class in Interface Builder file
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “iPhone configuration utility failed to locate 'Apple Mobile Device Support'”
I had the same problem and found the answer on one of the Apple forums.
It is recent problem for those running 64-bit Windows and updated iTunes to latest 12.1 version.
This iTunes version replaces 32-bit Apple Mobile Device Support with 64-bit version which iPCU doesn’t support as it is 32-bit.
The way to resolve it is:
- Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support and Apple Application Support via Windows control panel.
- Download iPhone Configuration Utility and extract it using 7-zip
- Install AppleApplicationSupport.msi and AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi (don’t mind the 64, it’s just installer that is 64-bit, binaries are 32-bit)
Screenshot for your convience
Note: If you still have to use iTunes, you’ll have to use 12.01 version until lazy asses from apple fix that.
Edit: Apparently they are not lazy but selfish pricks. iPCU does not exist anymore. It was replaced with Apple Configurator which was not released for Windows.
Uninstall just the Apple Mobile Device Support
iPhone Configuration Utilitywith any zip utility
AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi( because other one will not install)
- TableView Showing Behind Tab Bar
- how to set hex color code for background
- SpriteKit game crashes when two SKPhysicsContacts are detected
- Code sign error : bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
- How to write Init method in Swift
- Attach csv to email xcode
- file has been modified since the precompiled header was built
- Swift equivalent of Unity3d Coroutines?
- App approved but no AdMob ads appearing
- IOS – Pause and Unpause Currently Playing Music
- Does a mutating struct function in swift create a new copy of self?
- Get XMPP Chat History OpenFire
- iOS 8 UIActivityViewController and UIAlertController button text color uses window's tintColor
- Xcode 4 most useful shortcut keys
- Generate random questions in swift