iPhone configuration utility failed to locate 'Apple Mobile Device Support'
I am currently using the Marmalade SDK on my Windows machine to build an app. I am trying to test the app on an iPhone, and downloaded the iPhone Configuration Utility in order to do so. However, whenever I launch it, I get the following error:
iPhone configuration utility failed to locate ‘Apple Mobile Device Support’. Please Reinstall the iPhone Configuration Utility. You can download the iPhone configuration Utility from http:://www.apple.com/support/iphone/enterprise.
However, even when I re-install it, I keep getting the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “iPhone configuration utility failed to locate 'Apple Mobile Device Support'”
I had the same problem and found the answer on one of the Apple forums.
It is recent problem for those running 64-bit Windows and updated iTunes to latest 12.1 version.
This iTunes version replaces 32-bit Apple Mobile Device Support with 64-bit version which iPCU doesn’t support as it is 32-bit.
The way to resolve it is:
- Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support and Apple Application Support via Windows control panel.
- Download iPhone Configuration Utility and extract it using 7-zip
- Install AppleApplicationSupport.msi and AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi (don’t mind the 64, it’s just installer that is 64-bit, binaries are 32-bit)
Screenshot for your convience
Note: If you still have to use iTunes, you’ll have to use 12.01 version until lazy asses from apple fix that.
Edit: Apparently they are not lazy but selfish pricks. iPCU does not exist anymore. It was replaced with Apple Configurator which was not released for Windows.
Uninstall just the Apple Mobile Device Support
iPhone Configuration Utilitywith any zip utility
AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi( because other one will not install)
- Objective C: How to check if application is currently active (i.e. user is using it)?
- how can I know current viewcontroller name in iphone
- How to do the flip animation between two UIViewControllers while clicking info button?
- Attributed text, replace a specific font by another using swift
- iOS – Animation effects – Image pop-in
- Parse geo-queries always empty
- Weak references inside a block
- UITextView with text and images combined
- Linking Libraries in Xcode
- iOS: Is there currently a way to prevent two view controllers being pushed or popped at the same time?
- No Way to Set Initial View Controller in New Storyboard in Xcode 6
- dynamic uitableview cell height
- How to build Cocoa Touch Framework for i386 and x86_64 architecture?
- when redirect with code 302, WKWebView cannot set cookie
- store folders in package contents (bundle resources) in xcode 4.0