Is there a way to turn off Xcode 8's autocomplete for image names?
Xcode 8 has this new feature that is supposed to suggest image file names when you use
In my case it suggests image names even when it doesn’t make any sense.
There is nothing in preferences. I wonder if there is some secret command to disable this part of autocompletion.
- Cannot debug Swift module/framework embedded in Objective-C app
- Xcode 8.3.3 “No accounts with iTunes Connect access”
- Xcode 8 :function types cannot have argument label breaking my build
- How do I toggle between Debug and Release builds in Xcode 6 / 7 / 8?
- Swift does not support the SDK 'iPhoneSimulator9.3.sdk'?
- Xcode 8 Objective-C category warning
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Is there a way to turn off Xcode 8's autocomplete for image names?”
No this unfortunately can’t be turned off, and nothing states that this is fixed in the Xcode 8.1 Release Notes.
It should either be fixed or you should have the opportunity to turn it off. The functionality is kind of good when it´s used for it´s purpose only, as I describe in this post.
But the issue is that Xcode 8 is inserting images inline in source when it can’t possibly make any sense as you mention. For example, if you have a for iteration and type
for x in to start a loop and you have any image in the project whose name matches “in” using this syntax.
Annoying issue, that I hope Apple will fix soon, because the feature is good when it´s used for images only.
Just confirmed that this is still an issue in Xcode 8.1 stable version.
This functionality remains in Xcode Version 9.0 beta 6 (9M214v)
- Continuous Integration with iOS 7.1 – can't install the product linked on the server
- Selecting a word in a UITextView
- iOS – Core Data and Server Database Synchronization Best Practices
- didUpdateLocations not called
- Swift 2.0 Xcode 7.1 image picker front camera image rotated when picked
- What are the default Auto Layout Content Hugging and Content Compression Resistance priority values?
- NSTimer problem
- How to write audio file locally recorded from microphone using AudioBuffer in iPhone?
- How to identify if a PHAsset is not completely downloaded from iCloud (so I need to request again with options.networkAccessAllowed)
- Objective C Equivalent of PHP's “Variable Variables”
- What properties can I set via an UIAppearance proxy?
- Is there a way to write an `if case` statement as an expression?
- Display local UIImage on UIWebview
- Using custom subclass of NSURLConnection, how does it “find” the additional data in the class later?
- What are the options for saving data in iOS?