Is there an iPhone SDK API for twitter?
mobclix.com has an API for integrating with facebook.com. Is there something similar for twitter.com and other social services? Meaning, these will look like native parts of your app?
- Does Apple modify iOS application executables on apps submitted to the App Store?
- Why is UIBezierPath faster than Core Graphics path?
- Calculating Lean Angle with Core Motion
- How many devices we can pair via Bluetooth to iPhone?
- drawRect not being called in my subclass of UIImageView
- custom viewcontroller delegate not working
10 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Is there an iPhone SDK API for twitter?”
There is now a built-in Twitter API on iOS
Twitter’s API gives you the option to have the feeds in XML or JSON format. Check their documentation . I don’t know much about the iPhone SDK, but it surely has XML parsing.
I can’t see Apple including a inbuilt API to the SDK for two reasons:
- If they start at Twitter, they’ll have to do myspace, facebook, friendfeed etc.
- There are many Twitter apps on the app store atm. If apple released a twitter API, they’d have much more competition and wouldn’t be happy with Apple.
Try using ShareKit.
It supports other services like Facebook, Delicious, Tumblr and more too.
Works with iOS 4 or later.
Matt Gemmell and Craig Hockenberry, developer of Twitterific created MGTwitterEngine, an easy-to-use library of classes providing methods that make it extremely easy for the developer to access the Twitter API. see
I believe there are a few other libs out there, but it’s just as easy to roll your own because like Macha says above Twitter’s API gives you the option to have the feeds in XML or JSON format.
I would use FHSTwitterEngine. Its a synchronous library, so you can get twitter data in real time. With GCD, queues, and threading, you can get the same functionality as asynchronous. I wrote it.
There is no API for Twitter built into the 2.2.1 SDK. I can not comment about the 3.0 beta per NDA restrictions, but you should not expect Apple to include a service-specific API in the SDK.
Any Twitter or web service consuming feature has to be coded using the existing API calls and it is your choice to use Interface Builder to emulate the native iPhone look as close as possible.
for IOS 5 and more tweet sheet does the job
- UIImageView does not show Image from UIImagePickerController
- What's a simple way to get a text input popup dialog box on an iPhone
- AFNetworking Uploading Image
- Unable to run app in simulator
- NSGenericException', reason: 'Push segues can only be used when the source controller is managed by an instance of UINavigationController
- What are the new documentation commands available in Xcode 5?
- How to resolve “Missing Info.plist key … NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription”
- Create an NSAlert with Swift
- SpringWithDamping for CALayer animations?
- libsystem_symptoms.dylib missing in Xcode 8
- NSURLSession lifecycle and basic authorization
- Error message : Reading from public effective user settings & System group container for systemgroup.com.apple.configurationprofiles path is
- How to use PFQuery for array of PFObject stored as values of NSDictionary
- Atomic properties vs thread-safe in Objective-C
- Understanding retain cycle in depth