Learning and Understanding the Xcode Build System
Alright, I’m curious about the build process with Xcode. Setting up multiple Targets, how to automate versioning and generally understanding the system so I can manipulate it to do what I want.
Does anyone have any books or can point me to some documentation somewhere so that I can figure all of this out?
Thanks a ton.
Another thing, if anyone actually sees this since changing it.
But any books anyone is aware of that will focus on Xcode 4? There’s Xcode 3 Unleashed but I’d be real curious if there are any books that focus heavily on Xcode 4.
- Appium Error: Could not get Xcode version
- iOS: Deploy and run app on device through command-line without jailbreaking
- Xcode UIAutomation can't interact with TTTAttributedLabel
- Recorder Service Error: Left Mouse Down: Failed to find matching element - Xcode error
- Appium Instruments crashed on startup
- Setting copyright statement on a per-project basis?
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Learning and Understanding the Xcode Build System”
One thing that is really essential for consistent, reproducible, automatable builds is knowledge of the
xcodebuild command. Sadly I can’t find any official docs on it apart from the manpage (type
man xcodebuild). There’s a useful guide to automating iphone builds here that includes building with
xcodebuild and versioning with
agvtool. This is just as relevant to general building of Mac apps.
Generally building with xcodebuild is very simple:
cd project_dir xcodebuild -project myproject.xcodeproj -configuration Release ARCHS="x86_64 i386" build
Once you can build from a script like this it’s very easy to slot into an automated build system.
Here is one of the Apple’s references on Xcode and Xcode Quick start guide
- Detect if Realm.io db needs migration – if so, destroy it
- Using AVCaptureSession and AVAudioPlayer together
- Detect if wifi is turned on
- How to change compilation flags for MyFramework_vers.c in Xcode?
- Combining Navigation Controller with Tab Bar Controller
- Play a video with AVPlayer in Swift Playground?
- Iphone SDK Utility Application template has leak
- iOS 6 MPMoviePlayerViewController and presentMoviePlayerViewControllerAnimated Rotation
- Include pods in main target and not in WatchKit extension
- Separating multiple if conditions with commas in Swift
- Download and execute iOS code dynamically at runtime
- XCode 6 isn't autocompleting in swift
- Is using Core Location for performing functionality in the background appropriate?
- Using Variable of AppDelegate as a Global Variable – question regarding release/retain
- How to hide UINavigationBar 1px bottom line