I have the following setup:
- iPad with Safari browser running a webb-application.
- Bluetooth barcode-scanner connected/paired with the iPad.
My web-application listens to keypress events globally which gives me the possibility to trigger scan functions without having the user to focus a textfield in the webb-application.
The above works fine when running the application on a desktop with an USB-scanner.
My problem is that the application doesn’t trigger keydown(press/up) events until a textfield is focused on the iPad when the bluetooth-scanner is connected.
Is it possible to achieve?
A related question from a while ago:
- HTML5 mobile app running while phone screen is off?
- Is it possible to track click throughs from iPhone Smart Banner
- How to display PDF (Blob) on iOS sent from my angularjs app
- iPhone 4+ defaults to 320px resolution for web apps, I want to use the full 640px
I believe that with mobile Safari (and most other iOS mobile browsers), keypresses are only detectable by the web app when a form input is infocus. Your device (without an external keyboard) can’t take keypress input without a form input being selected simply because the keyboard would not be up.
- MagicalRecord importFromObject: JSON with dictionary?
- CMake target_include_directories(SYSTEM …): SYSTEM option does not seem to work on recent versions of CMake targeting Xcode
- IBeacon region monitoring not work consistently across devices
- Setting a different section for each month with fetchedresultcontroller
- How do you change the elements within an NSArray?
- Detect linebreak in UITextView
- Adding a cancel button to UITextField keyboard
- Enumerate NSArray using blocks to find and store all indexe's of all NSStrings in array
- How do I use a relative path in Xcode project settings?
- How to resize table cell based on textview?
- Make UICollectionView scroll right to left?
- Maintain vector graphics when rendering CALayer into PDF output
- How can I set two buttons on the right side of an UINavigationBar?
- Customization of UINavigationBar and the back button
- Error trying to perform a GET request in swift 2.0