Loading NSImage with imageNamed from xcassets crash in older osx versions
So, I have an xcassets that is shared amongst quite a few apps. I’m developing with Xcode8 in a Mac Mini with MacOs Sierra installed in it. If I compile and run in the development machine, there’s no issue at all. However, when I try to run it in a device with OSX Mavericks I get a crash. Here’s the trace in the report
Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread 0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fff887dc866 __pthread_kill + 10 1 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff87a3935c pthread_kill + 92 2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff88614bba abort + 125 3 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff885dea5f __assert_rtn + 321 4 com.apple.coreui 0x00007fff875aa1a7 CUIRenditionKeySetValueForAttribute + 307 5 com.apple.coreui 0x00007fff875a9004 -[CUIStructuredThemeStore _canGetRenditionWithKey:isFPO:lookForSubstitutions:] + 200 6 com.apple.coreui 0x00007fff875a8f1b -[CUIStructuredThemeStore canGetRenditionWithKey:] + 22 7 com.apple.coreui 0x00007fff875c4eab -[CUICatalog _resolvedRenditionKeyForName:scaleFactor:deviceIdiom:deviceSubtype:] + 291 8 com.apple.coreui 0x00007fff875c4c53 -[CUICatalog imageWithName:scaleFactor:deviceIdiom:deviceSubtype:] + 29 9 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff88820b1b +[NSImage _catalogImageWithName:bundle:] + 132 10 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff8881aefd +[NSImage imageNamed:] + 261
If I remove the image from the xcassets and include it “individually” in the app’s bundle -by dropping it to the app’s project navigator- it loads just fine. But I’d like to avoid this if possible, as it’s cleaner to have shared images in just one xcassets.
Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance.
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Loading NSImage with imageNamed from xcassets crash in older osx versions”
I could bypass this error by following this workaround provided by Apple for iOS 7 devices:
To work around this issue, update the deployment target to iOS 8.0 or
higher, or add a single image to the asset catalog that has at least
five attributes specified across the image set, such as: scale (1x,
2x, 3x) idiom (add iPad,iPhone, and a universal asset) direction (left
to right, right to left) width/height class (any & compact, and so
forth) memory (add a 1 GB asset) graphics (add a Metal 1v2 asset) It
is not necessary to use the image in your code or to add all of these
Here’s how this dummy imageset looks like:
- Take a Video with ARKIT
- viewDidLoad being called before didSelectRowAtIndexPath
- Searchbar cancel button not visible only on iPad
- How to do something before unwind segue action?
- How to test if a point is in a view
- Apple Mach -O Linker command failed
- CALayer with transparent hole in it
- Which is the best method to display thumbnail images on UIScrollview (downloaded from server)
- No suitable records were found verify your bundle identifier is correct
- MP4 plays when accessed directly, but not when read through PHP, on iOS
- Xcode4 ExternalHosts in .plist
- Adding Qt to Xcode project?
- How to check if an element is in an array
- Converting a string to an NSDate
- NSNotificationCenter addObserver in Swift