objective C iOS Device ID in iOS7
I want to ask that whether objective C can obtain a unique device ID of the Device. “uniqueIdentifier” is deprecated in iOS7 and I try to use “identifierForVendor” but it gives me a different ID after the app is re-installed. I want to find a stable device ID after the app is re-install, and even the iOS is changed. In the early version of iOS, we can use MAC address to achieve such goal. But now, in iOS7, the MAC address is no longer available. How can i find a stable device ID of the iOS device in iOS7?
Maybe using Keychain to store the “identifierForVendor” value is a good approach. But will it still be the same after the whole iOS is re-installed?
- How do I detect which iOS device my user is using?
- How to determine the current iPhone/device model?
- The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid, non-expired certificate/private key pair in your keychains
- Logging data on device and retrieving the log
- iOS detect if user is on an iPad
- Detect the specific iPhone/iPod touch model
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “objective C iOS Device ID in iOS7”
iOS does not allow you to identify a device universally anymore. That is the basic idea behind removing access to UDID and Mac address.
You need to change the design of your application to adapt to these new circumstances.
in my case i used keyChain to save first generated UUID then i used it as unique device id it still persistent even if after uninstalling the app
- xcode – Add AVFountation Framework
- Can't create a new Certificate Signing Request(CSR)?
- How to get return values from pure C function to swift?
- Double tap Gesture on UICollectionViewCell?
- confusion of how to make osx app backward compatible & how to test them
- Initializer for conditional binding must have Optional type, not 'String'
- Custom UISearchBar with UISearchController
- 3D Touch Peek And Pop on UITableViewCell Objective C Code. (Force Touch)
- Unexpectedly found nil while unwrapping an Optional value swift
- swift iOS localNotifications
- How do I support self sizing cells on iOS7?
- iOS firebase: FIRAuthUIDelegate.authUI not being called
- Cocoa Binding Mutable Dictionary with Search Field
- Make iOS blocks execute synchronously