Program received signal SIGKILL exception comes up when I quit in the multitasking bar (iPhone)
When I double tap the home button and quit out of my app from the multitasking bar and open the app again, Xcode reads: “Thread 1: program received signal: SIGKILL” and freezes my iPod. The app has 1500+ lines so I can’t really put any code up, sorry. What could I be doing wrong?
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Program received signal SIGKILL exception comes up when I quit in the multitasking bar (iPhone)”
Your 1500+ lines of code is really innocent of this crash.
It happens when you run the app from Xcode, and terminate it from the iPod, without stopping the execution from Xcode. Closing the app from multitasking bar doesn’t stop its execution in Xcode(but, I always expect it to do). So, when you open it again, the Xcode throws that SIGKILL exception. And, it doesn’t do any harm to your app. No need to worry about it.
And, ofcourse, I don’t know any technical explanation for this behavior. I am not that genious 😉
That’s normal, your app is receiving a signal that it has to terminate.
Just make sure that when it does, you handle it properly in one of the UIApplication delegate methods, so that no information is lost, and such.
- ApplePay PKPaymentAuthorizationViewController always shows processing
- How to handle native iOS Alerts in Appium using Java
- MPMoviePlayerController not working in iOS4
- Does Swift support reflection?
- How do I detect a dual core CPU on iOS?
- Xcode Archive upload failed with errors
- How to detect an iOS App has been re-installed (from XCode) or upgraded (from AppStore)
- sh: gnuplot: command not found in Gnuplot + Xcode
- How to efficiently create a multi-row photo collage from an array of images in Swift
- IOS: send a mail without iphone/ipad mail app
- In Swift, how can I declare a variable of a specific type that conforms to one or more protocols?
- How to set CMutablePointer<ObjCBool> to false in Swift?
- Set custom images to the UIBarButtonItem but it doesn't show any image
- Guided Access/Kiosk Mode of iPad
- Swift Open Facebook Profile by FacebookUID