Program received signal SIGKILL exception comes up when I quit in the multitasking bar (iPhone)
When I double tap the home button and quit out of my app from the multitasking bar and open the app again, Xcode reads: “Thread 1: program received signal: SIGKILL” and freezes my iPod. The app has 1500+ lines so I can’t really put any code up, sorry. What could I be doing wrong?
- Story link flow using SSO facebook - openURL not being called
- Crash being reported for ALAssetRepresentation metadata method
- Store additional associated infomation in a UIView
- UISearchController search bar overlap first cell when active
- how to use NSDateFormatter to see “Today” string
- create an attributed string out of plain (Android formated) text in swift for iOS
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Program received signal SIGKILL exception comes up when I quit in the multitasking bar (iPhone)”
Your 1500+ lines of code is really innocent of this crash.
It happens when you run the app from Xcode, and terminate it from the iPod, without stopping the execution from Xcode. Closing the app from multitasking bar doesn’t stop its execution in Xcode(but, I always expect it to do). So, when you open it again, the Xcode throws that SIGKILL exception. And, it doesn’t do any harm to your app. No need to worry about it.
And, ofcourse, I don’t know any technical explanation for this behavior. I am not that genious 😉
That’s normal, your app is receiving a signal that it has to terminate.
Just make sure that when it does, you handle it properly in one of the UIApplication delegate methods, so that no information is lost, and such.
- Swift: using UIDatePicker as UITextField inputView not updating
- How to display a PDF in Objective-C?
- How to Check if an NSDate occurs between two other NSDates
- How to resize UITableViewCell to fit its content?
- Singleton managedObjectContext
- Is there a way to set up a NSCollectionView programmatically in Swift?
- How to obtain PDF table of contents (outline) data in iOS (iPad)?
- Game Center invite fails immediately
- How to Test Core Data Migration With an App Already in the App Store?
- Building XMLRPC.framework: Wrong Architecture?
- UITableViewCellDeleteConfirmationControl issue
- How do Generators whose Element is Optional know when they've reached the end?
- Xcode 8.1 “No matching provisioning profiles found” after updating MacOS and Xcode
- in-app purchase Sandbox Environment loop
- Is this a bug with MKMapKitDelegate mapView:didUpdateUserLocation?