Query for username in Salesforce iOS SDK
I have an iOS app using the latest Salesforce iOS SDK. It authenticates users through a webview using oAuth2.0 on the Salesforce site so I do not capture the username in my app. Is there a way that I can query for the username either using the API or the session information somehow? I just want to be able to display the username so that the user knows which account they have logged into (if they have more than one)
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Query for username in Salesforce iOS SDK”
username of current user is stored in SFIdentityData object
#import "SFIdentityData.h" NSString *userName = [SFAccountManager sharedInstance].idData.username;
I have no idea whether you use REST or SOAP API…
For REST there’s an excellent article by metadaddy: http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Digging_Deeper_into_OAuth_2.0_at_Salesforce.com#The_Force.com_Identity_Service
Identity Service link is in format of
/id/(organization id)/(user id), scroll up in this blog post a bit to find out when you should expect it.
SOAP API, offers
getUserInfo() method (it returns an object similar to Apex
UserInfo class). Just click the first link there to see the full list of methods you can call.
To display full name and chatter profile picture of logged in user in UILabel and UIImageView using Salesforce Mobile SDK 4 you need to first create @IBOutlets
@IBOutlet weak var yourtextLabel: UILabel! @IBOutlet weak var profileImage: UIImageView!
Then all you need is the following in your viewDidLoad()
yourtextLabel.text = SFAuthenticationManager.sharedManager().idCoordinator.idData.displayName let imageURL = SFAuthenticationManager.sharedManager().idCoordinator.idData.pictureUrl let image = UIImage(data: NSData(contentsOfURL: imageURL!)!) profileImage.image = image
You need to import SFAuthenticationManager.h class
then you can get user details (first name, last name, email etc.) this way
NSLog(@"userData= %@",[SFAuthenticationManager sharedManager].idCoordinator.idData); NSLog(@"first name = %@",[SFAuthenticationManager sharedManager].idCoordinator.idData.firstName); NSLog(@"last name = %@",[SFAuthenticationManager sharedManager].idCoordinator.idData.lastName); NSLog(@"email name = %@",[SFAuthenticationManager sharedManager].idCoordinator.idData.email);
- Swift: Cast Any Object to Int64 = nil
- static Library in Xcode 4
- JPEG encoder super slow, how to Optimize it?
- this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key authView
- importing AppDelegate
- Figuring out data from IOUSBInterface pipes
- IOS Jailbreak How do intercept SMS / Text Messages
- Can not launch the app on device
- libpaypalmpl.a is using uniqueidentifier and apple reject reject the app
- Get the frame of the keyboard dynamically
- The UILocalNotification sound does not stop playing
- How do I add a Watch or Inspect in Xcode?
- Copy and paste text with buttons
- Using UIImagePickerController to get image — how to know whether to save PNG or JPEG?
- Error using associated types and generics