React Native / Xcode Upgrade and now RCTConvert.h not found

5 Solutions Collect From Internet About “React Native / Xcode Upgrade and now RCTConvert.h not found”

As pointed out by th0th, there is a breaking change in RN 0.40 for iOS. In short, RN header declarations are updated to point to the include path $(BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR)/include/React.

To solve the issue, you have to do the following:

  1. In Xcode, go to the project scheme (Product -> Scheme -> Manage Scheme -> double click your project).
  2. Click on the ‘Build’ option at the left pane.
  3. Uncheck ‘Parallelize Build’ under Build Options.
  4. Then in Targets section, click ‘+‘ button then search for ‘React’. Select it and click ‘Add‘.
  5. ‘React’ should now appear under Targets section. Click and drag it to the top so that it will be the first item in the list (before your project).
  6. Clean the project and build.

Note: You might still have similar header issue with other libraries (e.g. react-native-fbsdk) that are referring to those react native .h files.


In react-native 0.40


you have to replace #import "RCTBridgeModule.h" with #import <React/RCTBridgeModule.h>

then clean and build it again.

There is a breaking change on 0.40, you can see details here.

Quoting directly from the release notes:

This means that all iOS native libraries need a major version bump
for RN 0.40. We attempt to minimize changes of this magnitude, and we
apologize for any inconvenience caused.

So, all native iOS libraries will need an update before getting compatible with react-native version 0.40.

If your app isn’t to large, just

1) rename original app
2) create the same app again react-native init <orig_app_name>
3) copy over all necessary files from your original app to the newly created one
4) adjust the package.json
5) npm install
6) react-native run-<ios|android>

I spent hours to find, where to link the new libraries, it was at least a valuable option and shortcut for me.

hope it helps somebody

Here is how I made it work:

  • I cleaned my package.json to the latest version,
  • I did the trick by @max23_
  • I replaced all the
    #import '....h' that were causing error to the corresponding #import <React/.....h>.