Reduce the Xcode Simulator (Retina 4 inch)
I’m using macbook Air and using the iphone Simulator. I changed it to Retina 4 inch, and the screen of the simulator become so big! is there a way to reduce the size?
- Can't scroll to the bottom of a long Static TableViewController in XCode 5 Interface Builder to edit the cells below the fold
- ios Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) not receiving remote notifications
- Auto Layout keeps stretching UIImageView
- OCMock and block testing, executing
- Animated Images in a UIButton
- How to encrypt using AES GCM on iOS?
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Reduce the Xcode Simulator (Retina 4 inch)”
You can scale it with the following shortcuts:
- ⌘+1: 100%
- ⌘+2: 75%
- ⌘+3: 50%
- ⌘+4: 33%
- ⌘+5: 25%
Or in iOS Simulator:
Window > Scale > ...
The iOS Simulator’s Window menu has an option to display the simulator at 50%, 75%, or 100%. Try one of the smaller values to make it fit.
Now It’s more flexible with Xcode 9-Simulator.
You can pick & drag any corner or simulator to resize it and set it according to your requirement.
There are several other ways also, to scale your simulator.
Using Terminal Command
Follow these steps to scale simulator using terminal commands
- Close/Quit simulator. (if open)
Terminalapp (using Spotlight search, Press
⌘ + SPACEto open spotlight search)
- Copy following text and paste it next to terminal cursor.
defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iphonesimulator SimulatorWindowLastScale "0.3"
- Open ‘Simulator’ (Run your iOS project using Xcode).
You will find simulator scale update.
Simulator scale options from Xcode Menu:
Menubar >> Window >> Scale >> “Here available options for simulator scaling”
Here is ref snapshot:
- Impossible to stop AVPlayer
- Cannot Add Apple ID to Xcode: Your session has expired. Please log in
- How to open an app if installed through a webpage in Safari?
- AVFoundation exporting orientation wrong
- iOS 10 Save to Camera Roll Bug/Crash
- Pass data with prepareForSegue
- How do I use Mogenerator?
- Add a color picker to an iOS app
- iOS 7 webview and localStorage persistence
- UITextfield not working as subview to UISearchBar in iOS 7?
- Google Maps iOS Reverse Geocoding
- Using PhoneGap/Cordova on iOS with external URL
- What is the best way to store an array of objects with cocoa?
- How to enable Source Control in existing iOS project?
- table header view height is wrong when using auto layout, IB, and font sizes