Reducing the initial delay when playing remote video content
Hi using MPMoviePlayerController to stream video into the app. However, it takes a long time to load and I want to be able to pre-buffer the video. Any suggestions?
- Why does MPMoviePlayerController setCurrentPlaybackTime goes to the wrong time?
- iPhone App :How to play Youtube video in app using MPMoviePlayerController
- MPMoviePlayerController is playing YouTube video?
- Playing M4V Protected Content with MPMoviePlayerController or AVPlayer (iOS)
- MPMoviePlayerController stops playing after a few seconds
- Play video in the collection view cell like the videos playing in the Facebook app Timeline
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Reducing the initial delay when playing remote video content”
as soon as you know that the user
might start playback of a movie. You
might also want set
something that fits best, depending
on your application.
From Apple’s Documentation;
This method is called
automatically when you call the play
method. Calling it before you call
play gives the receiver a chance to
prepare items sooner and may result in
decreased latency when starting
playback. However, calling this method
may also interrupt any active audio
Make sure your HTTP stream contains
a low bandwidth alternative using
less than 64Kbps (audio and video combined). Note that the
starts buffering the low rate
playback index profile before
raising the bar and attempting to
load higher bandwidth profiles. It
will be prepared to play once it has
a few seconds worth of movie data.
property when initializing your
player to cut down the media
From the MPMoviePlayerController
The default value of this property is
property provides a clue to the
playback system as to how it should
download and buffer the movie content.
If you know the source type of the
movie, setting the value of this
property before playback begins can
improve the load times for the movie
content. If you do not set the source
type explicitly before playback, the
movie player controller must gather
this information, which might delay
- Launch splash screen in Landscape mode for iPhone 5
- openURL not work in Action Extension
- Xcode: “Scene is unreachable due to lack of entry points” but can't find it
- Using AlamofireImage Inside UITableViewCell
- Segue won't trigger after Facebook login with Swift
- Xcode 7.3 crashing when debugging with breakpoints
- What class to inherit from for bound table source
- Localizable.strings not working in iOS
- Asynchronous function execution?
- Xcode 4 and Interface Builder: Editing Vertical Spacing Constraint (Anchor Top, not Bottom)
- Swift UItableView Custom cell programmatically (documentation)?
- How do I fix this warning: “Method not found (return type defaults to 'id')”
- Distinguish between iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S
- Difference Between Declaring a Variable Under @Implementation And @Interface Under .m file
- How to put the UIPageControl element on top of the sliding pages within a UIPageViewController?