Remove git from project in Xcode 4
I just created a new project in Xcode 4 and I guess I left the “Create local git repository for this project” box checked. Now, I would like to remove this version control since I want to run the project with svn only. Is this possible or do I have to create a new project from scratch?
- What are the pros and cons using git VS Mercurial with Xcode for iOS development in big teams?
- Why does git add&remove the Storyboard <classes> section repeatedly?
- Should *.xccheckout files in Xcode5 be ignored under VCS?
- .gitignore for Xcode Project
- How to recover after i execute :git reset --hard HEAD
- OS X 10.11 / Xcode 7.0.1 git push fails silently
6 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Remove git from project in Xcode 4”
Just remove the .git directory in the project folder. You should close the project in Xcode first to be safe.
I had the same problem. Here are the steps to resolving this.
- Go to the Organizer (under window menu option)
- Go to Repositories
- Look at the bottom left corner for the minus button
- Select the project to be removed from GIT
- Press the minus icon
- It should be removed
This works, even though the class files still have the symbol next to them. Clicking them then clicking another file gets rid of the icon.
Hope this works.
If you want to disable Git support in Xcode 4 you’ll have to rename “/Developer/Library/Xcode/PrivatePlugIns/IDEGit.ideplugin” to something other than .ideplugin.
I had the same problem. I followed the steps from this blog post and all worked fine for me. I was using Xcode 4.2 on OS X 10.7.3.
I think the trick is making sure to delete the invisible “.git” folder in the project directory via the command line,… in addition to deleting the repositories via the Xcode GUI.
I’m now using SourceTree with Mercurial on BitBucket, and am a very happy camper! 🙂
You can easily do that using
rm -rf .git rm -rf .gitignore
Open Terminal and Type
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE killall Finder
simply open the project in finder delete the .git from root/
- How to set focus to an NSButton?
- Xcode – Change Company Name and Username
- How do I “legally” fade out the navigation bar in an app?
- iPhone – archiving array of custom objects
- How to get photos of a facebook album in iPhone SDK?
- IOS Swift sharing PDF documents with images
- UIActivityView attach file to Email
- iOS/Cocoa – NSURLSession – Handling Basic HTTPS Authorization
- Firebase Xcode linker command error using Firebase Unity SDK
- UITextView text cut off when there is a large amount of text
- Consecutive Animation Calls Not Working
- CNUI ERROR Selection predicates are set but the delegate does not implement contactPicker:didSelectContact:
- How to print memory in 0xb0987654 using lldb?
- How to return an NSMutableArray from an NSSet
- How to find weekday from today's date using NSDate?