Reset/fix Xcode 4.5 code completion
One of the new “features” in Xcode 4.5 was supposed to be vastly improved code completion. It was supposed to learn what you type regularly and provide these more frequently as options for code completion.
However, for me this isn’t working at all.
One of the famously bad code completion words is NSString.
When I type it I get…
NS - NSAddedPersistentStoresKey NSS - NSSaveChangesRequest NSSt - NSStoreModelVersionHashesKey NSStr - NSStream NSStri - NSStrikethroughStyleAttributeName NSStrin - NSString
I have never used any of the other suggestions given and most of them I’m not actually sure what they are. I use NSString many times a day, why wasn’t it suggested first? In fact, apart from NSSet I don’t think I’ve ever used another class that begins with NSS.
Also, when looking for NSLog() which used to get suggested when I typed NSL I now get…
NS - NSAddedPersistentStoresKey NSL - NSLayoutAttribute NSLo - NSLoadedClasses NSLog - NSLog(<#id, ...#>)
Again, never heard of the others.
Is there any way to fix this so that I get the functionality that Apple says I should be getting?
Thanks for any help.
- Xcode 7.3.1 autocomplete code completion not working
- XCode 5: Is there any way to group/filter/sort what shows up in code-completion?
- Xcode 6.3 code completion too slow
- Method Definition Not Found… automatic stub with Xcode?
- Best way to define private methods for a class in Objective-C
- Is there a way to disable or modify Xcode's code completion?
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Reset/fix Xcode 4.5 code completion”
OK, I deleted the UserInfo folder from ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/ and it seems to have fixed it.
- Autolayout: Add constraint to superview and not Top Layout Guide?
- Taking photo with custom camera Swift 3
- SKShapeNode – Animate color change
- how to provide only one view with landscape for MPMoviePlayerController in IOS6
- What is the android.widget.Toast equivalent for iOS applications?
- Saving Image to core Data
- Google SignIn without CocoaPods
- Why does my MCSession peer disconnect randomly?
- Explicitly specify generic type constraint when calling function
- Semantic issues while running unity arkit project in xcode beta
- UIView background color in Swift
- Add custom button to navigation controller without border
- Event willAnimateRotationToInterfaceOrientation isn't calling
- Split NSString multiple times on the same separator
- Rescale image so width is half the size of screen