Resolving problems in XCode 7 crash reporter
I recently released the 2.0 version of my app. https://itunes.apple.com/app/neo-virtual-reality-for-reddit/id1013650716
I have users reporting that the app crashes but I can’t figure out what to do in XCode. When I open a crash in the project it does not show me anything where the crash occured. See the screenshot attached for more information:
How can I solve my crashes in the future?
Edit: Bitcode is enabled and app symbols are included
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Resolving problems in XCode 7 crash reporter”
If you do enable the Bitcode and having this issue, simply click the ”
Download dSYMs” button in the Organizer and try again.
Refer to the Apple Technical Note,
Because the final compilation of your binary occurs on the App Store, your Mac will not contain the debug symbol (dSYM) files needed to symbolicate crash reports received from App Review or from users who have sent you crash reports from their devices. Although a dSYM file is produced when you archive your application, it is for the bitcode binary and can not be used to symbolicate crash reports. The App Store makes the dSYM files generated during bitcode compilation available for you to download, from Xcode or from the iTunes Connect website. You must download these dSYM files in order to symbolicate crash reports received from App Review or from users who have sent you crash reports from their devices.
You have to symbolicate the crash report:
- Download the crash report from iTunes Connect
- Open the Devices window in XCode:
- Connect an iOS device
- Choose View Device Logs:
Drag the report from Finder to the left section
See a more detailed error message
This works only, if you have the archived project still available (you can check this in your Organizer window
The answer is: disable BitCode when uploading the archive to iTunes Connect
- Set navbar item button to new title
- Find which array has the highest count
- How can I change the language of the displayed UIKeyboard from within my iPhone app?
- AVAudioPlayer Help: Playing multiple sounds simultaneously, stopping them all at once, and working around Automatic Reference Counting
- UICollectionView Performing Updates using performBatchUpdates
- Get the last redirected url in iOS 5?
- App file size differences in Android and iOS
- Is there a way to dismiss an alertview automatically after some time?
- How to push two view controllers but animate transition only for the second one?
- How to make a UINavigationBar NOT push down views?
- This application is modifying the autolayout engine from a background thread, which can lead to engine corruption
- How to rotate app with TabBar?
- Testing multiple iOS versions in Simulator
- How to check is a string or number
- How do I configure full URLs in xcconfig files