Running iOS app on a different Mac / simulator
I have built a demo iOS app on my Mac. My client wants to get the executable and run it on his iOS simulator on his Mac so as to give me feedbacks. I have an Apple developer account and I can deploy my app to my iPad / iPhone or distribute it via AppStore. But I don’t know how to generate an iOS simulator executable for him. He only wants the iOS simulator executable. Does anyone have tried this before?
P.S. I can’t really distribute it via AppStore since it is just a demo app. It is very likely rejected. Plus, I have to send it to him today so I don’t think Apple can pass my app within a day.
P.P.S. I can’t give him the source code unless he pays me. But it is not possible after a month.
Please help. Thanks in advance!
- Is this a bug in this gzip inflate method?
- Navigate to another ViewController programmatically using Custom Segue
- Converting an iPhone NIB to iPad NIB in Xcode 5
- What dpi resolution is used for an iPhone App?
- Xcode4 Create Static Library from Existing Project
- How to disable TouchUpInside Action outside the boundary of button
6 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Running iOS app on a different Mac / simulator”
You need to send him the Application folder under the iPhone Simulator folder.
You can find it here:
~/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/<Simulator-Version>/Applications/
Or you can send just the one app you need from
~/Library/Application\ Support/iPhone\ Simulator/7.0/Applications/GUID-OF-YOUR-APP
Just give him a copy of the Xcode project and let him build and run the app on his iOS Simulator. Or you could distribute an Ad Hoc or Enterprise version which he can then install on his/her iPhone via iTunes.
Midhun MP answer is good but in case of solution don’t work then in emergency sometimes making video and sending it to client would help. This tool provide light weight video creation.
You can resize it for your simulator.
Building upon this answer by @Midhun, for later versions of Xcode (Xcode 6, Xcode 7 and Xcode 8 in my research), the simulators now live here:
I was actually trying to use an app built on Xcode 8 for iOS8 simulator and get it to run on an ios7 simulator from Xcode 6 on another Mac. I couldn’t find out how to simply copy files around but I did manage to copy the Mine.app folder to the other Mac, then install it using
xcrun simctl install 6DC6323C-504C-423F-ACD6-652557B33D48 Mine.app
where you need to replace
6DC6323C-504C-423F-ACD6-652557B33D48 with your simulator device type ID (find using
xcrun simctl list devices).
- UIDocumentPickerViewController – All files grayed out
- How to convert ipv4 address to ipv6 use AFNetworking?
- Xcode generates png form pdf with different colors
- How to save and fetch in xmppGroupCoreDataStorageObject?
- Proper usage of RxSwift to chain requests, flatMap or something else?
- Fatal error: unexpectedly found nil while unwrapping an Optional value (lldb)
- Voice recording on iPhone by using Safari and HTML5
- iphone, dismiss keyboard when touching outside of UITextField
- Expanding UICollectionView and its cell when tapped
- Found an unexpected Mach-O header code: 1918975009 in xCode 6
- Do you need Mac OS X to develop iPhone apps?
- After Auto-ARC Conversion: Assigning retained object to unsafe property; object will be released after assignment
- UIScrollView doesn't use autolayout constraints
- Resize uiimage not give me exact new size after resize it
- Alamofire request stating extra argument for both parameters and method