Sending local notifications after the app has been terminated
I am making an app in iOS where it will send local notifications on a timer. It works fine when the app is in background state, but does not work when it has been terminated and closed completely.
Is there anyway to still send local notifications when this has happened?
Thanks in advance.
- Is there any technical/conceptual reason why iOS does not support Cocoa Bindings?
- How do i replace spaces with +'s in Xcode
- Synthesized property and variable with underscore prefix: what does this mean?
- canOpenURL not working in ios 10
- Change default icon for moving cells in UITableView
- Format UILabel with bullet points?
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Sending local notifications after the app has been terminated”
Sure it is possible, if you schedule a local notification it will fire even if you terminate the app.
UILocalNotification *_localNotification = [[UILocalNotification alloc] init]; _localNotification.fireDate = [NSDate dateWithTimeIntervalSinceNow:_value]; _localNotification.timeZone = [NSTimeZone defaultTimeZone]; _localNotification.alertBody = @"Beep... Beep... Beep..."; _localNotification.soundName = UILocalNotificationDefaultSoundName; [[UIApplication sharedApplication]scheduleLocalNotification:_localNotification];
… works like a charm for me.
The local notification can be delivered when the app is terminated or closed, but they must be scheduled when the app is running. You can set the
fireDate for a notification in the future, schedule it, and it will be delivered whether or not the app is running.
No, it is not possible.
For more info, please visit Local notification on application termination
Hope this helps.
- How to present a modal view controller with custom size in center?
- Is it possible to display multiple info windows for multiple markers without tapping it?
- How to override a fullscreen game with keywindow borderless window (overlay)?
- How do you pass data between view controllers in Swift?
- Convert NSNotification.userInfo to Enum
- iOS Drawing Circles
- Integrating two login system into an app
- SpriteKit: run action while scene is paused
- Warning frame for “Navigation bar” will be different at run time appears in XCode 8 Swift 3
- Testing 3D touch with iOS Simulator
- crash on coredata ios8
- Get Variable from httpcontext coming from NSUrlRequest
- parsekit given unexpected calls to selectors
- How to make a vertical UITextView by subclassing it from UIScrollView in Swift?
- Increasing a thumbs “click area” in UISlider