Setting a new alarm in Apple's Clock App from another application
I have searched for references to this and have found a few teasers, but nothing comprehensive.
I’m looking for a way to set up (and, perhaps delete, although not absolutely necessary) a new alarm in the actual IOS Alarm Clock application from a new (self-created) app.
Basically, the app I’m creating would programmatically add a new alarm (setting the time, and including choosing a ring tone) to the Clock app, which would then simply behave as it normally does — making the built-in alarm clock ring when the time arrives.
Can anyone point specifically to the APIs that would help achieve this?
I did find reference to the CFPreferences APIs, and these seemed to imply being able to set Preferences for other apps. This sounds close, but clearly I’d need some more information, specifically:
1) The bundle / application ID for the Clock application
2) The format and specifics for adding (or removing) a new alarm using that preference setting
Does anyone have any wisdom to offer?
- Create an (repetitive high pitch) Alarm on a remote trigger when App is not running (iphone/android) just like Find My iPhone
- Is it possible to change/set the alarm clock from a different application on the iPhone
- ios nstimer run in background for check alarm time is equal to current time and play audio
- How to set an Alarm in iOS?
- iOs 8, start playing sound when in the background, alarm clock app
- iOS - How can I schedule something once a day?
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Setting a new alarm in Apple's Clock App from another application”
This behavior is not possible, sorry. You may set alarms with custom tones through your application and handle them through your application, these are called local notifications but it would not be possible to add an alarm to the ios alarm clock.
- NSOperationQueue serial FIFO queue
- Youtube video in landscape mode within a UIWebView
- How can I apply an angular impulse to a Sprite Kit node based on a pan gesture velocity
- iOS Development: How can I prevent an iPad from running a universal app in iPad mode?
- sqlite database update when app version changes on Appstore in iPhone
- Objective C: Sort Two Dimensional Array
- “Unknown class <MyClass> in Interface Builder file” error at runtime
- how to change the button title on click inside a tableview cell in swift 3
- NSDateFormatter for datetime
- With Data (not NSData), in fact how actually do you make a utf8 version of a jpeg?
- Best way to avoid capturing a copy of the value in closure
- Playing audio with controls in iOS
- CHDataStructures.framework won't compile for iOS in Xcode 4
- How to use Core Data's ManagedObjectModel inside a framework?
- Getting the path of an ALAsset