Several localizations yet still showing English only
I decided to merge several of my projects into one project using the same code base and use different targets for the different versions of my application.
My application is translated to 7 languages with English as default. The other languages are: Swedish, Dutch, German, French, Polish and Spanish. The translations worked like a charm before. I am using the
NSLocalizedString and have my
Localizable.strings which is translated.
However, now that I merged my projects together, and also added the
InfoPlist.strings file, the application incists on using the default texts (English). When I start the application and get the “share location” question, I get the question in the localized language (So the OS does get the localization), but the rest of the application is still in English.
The files are correctly translation and have no errors. I have tested several languages, but all are in English.
If I set the
CFBundleDevelopmentRegion to e.g.
Swedish, the whole app is in Swedish instead. So the localizations work, but the app ignores the system setting.
Am I missing something?
- How to create own mask in ios
- iPhone In-App Purchase Store Kit error -1003 “Cannot connect to iTunes Store”
- How to change UIAlertController button text colour in iOS9?
- Duplicate push notifications on iOS
- UITableView load more when scrolling to bottom like Facebook application
- Swift - Color fill animation
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Several localizations yet still showing English only”
I found the answer to my problem. I have several strings files, one for my app translation, and one for each target called
InfoPlist.strings which contains just
CFBundleName for localized app name. These cannot be included into the
Localizable.strings since these are different for each target.
I removed the
InfoPlist.strings files from my project and now the app is localized again.
- Adding Swift files to test target not fixing unit tests
- UIPageViewController setViewControllers, UIPageControl not showing right current number
- AESCrypt decryption between iOS and PHP
- Using Protocol Buffers with Objective-C
- How to add a UIToolbar programmatically to an iOS app?
- Alamofire can't access keys of json response
- Cannot import UIKit
- Launch Screen that behaves exactly like Launch Image
- “Swanky and Moo Moo” font is not working in ios
- How can I create a horizontal gradient background for my iOS nav bar?
- How to change label constraints during runtime?
- application openURL in Swift
- Filter Array with dictionaries using NSPredicate
- How to show activity indicator while tableView loads?
- How to solve auth Error “Redirect URI does not match registered redirect URI” in IOS?