simulating app upgrade in iOS
I am trying to simulate an upgrade from version 2.0 to 2.1. I have version 2.0 hosted in testflight, so I did install it in my device. Then I tried running the app from xcode. However what happened is that the app did not get overlapped, instead it created two apps with the same name. How can I make it such that when I run the app from xcode it overlays the old version?
I’ve made sure that the bundle identifier is the same.
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “simulating app upgrade in iOS”
Well the info you can get while updating can be found @ this link here.
when user updates an app, Documents folder is stored as is, including
NSUserDefaults (but, sometimes user download app via iTunes and
replace the whole application, crying ‘OMG! update killed all my
levels progress!’); Application bundle is erased and replaced by new
one (anyway, it is readonly for user); Re-deployment of new build
version will be enough;
You can’t access the appstore inside the simulator because: @ link here
It’s a simulator not an emulator. Even if there was an App Store in
the Simulator, none of the apps in the store would work since they are
compiled for ARM CPUs while the Simulator runs x86 code.
Another stack overflow @ link here states:
Build and install your old version, generate some data, and then
install the new version on top of it.
For testing before submitting to the Appstore I generally download
from the AppStore again the old version, and then install with Xcode
the newer version – for your next update… 😉
And another stack overflow (that I lost the link for) states:
No, the simulator runs i386 binaries and iPhone appstore apps are ARM
iOS apps are compiled to machine code, Android apps are run in a
Virtual Machine using byte code and are translated to machine code at
the time they are run.
So no, I don’t believe you can run it in the simulator, how ever you can have older projects saved on the iPhone and test both out. And the apple documentation is @ this link here.
You cannot simulate update in XCode (neither in simulator or connected device). You have to create IPA file and simulate update process via iTunes.
- MFMessageComposeViewController cancel button not working
- How to install iOS simulator to Xcode 4.5 manually?
- Trying to save image to Photo album with custom name in iOS
- Creating a universal framework using Xcode 8?
- “Convenience initializer missing a 'self' call to another initializer”
- Stop UIWebView from “bouncing” vertically?
- How to get a Text Field's text in XCode
- Make app appear as iOS 8 Suggested App at lockscreen
- PhoneGap missing plist.key
- Importing a Swift module using a C library
- UILocalNotification always shows up as soon as I load my app regardless of the fire date
- UISearchBar: clear background color or set background image
- IOS Static Framework with resources inside
- Mix Objective-C and C++ and OpenCV