SplitView like Facebook app on iPhone
I want to create an iPhone app that uses a navigation scene similar to the one pictured in the link
Please note I do not want this to only work for iPad, I want it to work for iPhone exactly as pictured, when you click on a tableview item it hides the tableview and makes that view full screen. I want ideas on how to do this because I cannot figure it out myself.
- UISplitViewController: remove divider line
- Swift: how to detect if UISplitViewController is currently showing 1 or 2 controllers?
- UISplitViewController with multiple Detail View Controller
- UISplitView with UITabbar
- Split View Controller: How to connect Master View Controller to Detail View Controller?
- Set show/hide for master view enable in UISplitViewController for only one view controller in landscape mode
10 Solutions Collect From Internet About “SplitView like Facebook app on iPhone”
Facebook guys have done brilliant job in the new version of the app. The similar open source code can be found from here – JTRevealSidebarDemo. Please note that as of June 2014, this project has been discontinued, so you’ll probably have better luck with a project from the list below.
It reveals technique behind doing split view for iPhone.
Edit: Few other open source codes:
How about projects with storyboard compatibility?
I found 1 more slide menu which is compatible with storyboards:
Another storyboard-compatible menu is
from Sagar’s answer. They both have storyboard examples (for the last one link is ViewDeckStoryboardExample)
For anyone else looking for an Android version, take a look at:
- android fb like slideout navigation
- emerging ui pattern side navigation
I realize you asked about facebook, but now that ios7 is out, and this is the defacto thread i thought id post here.
For an effect similar to the kindle app on ios7 you can use:
If anyone else is looking for a way to implement this in
MonoTouch now known as
Xamarin.ios, take a look at this article I just found. monotouch slide out navigation
I just found that they have a free component for this!
I noticed no one listed this wonderful class… SWRevealController.
I use it with my project apps all the time. It’s Easy to use and heavily documented… There are also a few examples John gives to the user to understand how it works or if you’d like to derive your project from… Hope this helps
SHSidebarControllerwith filder effect.
This might be helpful to you.. try this 🙂
I’ve been working on a floating-style navigation drawer that I hope people will like. It’s on GitHub, take a look.
- How do you pass data between view controllers in Swift?
- UIScrollView with pagination + showing part of the previous/following pages
- What's the Swift equivalent of Objective-C's “#ifdef __IPHONE_11_0”?
- Does iPhone support WiFi ad-hoc mode?
- Glass effects UIView
- How to addSubview with a position?
- Memory management of a CFErrorRef returned by ABRecordSetValue
- Remove the 1px border under UISearchBar
- Resize a view when a keyboard appears (iOS)
- show a button on getting json response equal to a string like @“unapproved”
- The package “BluetoothSDK.pkg” is untrusted
- iPhone rangeOfString
- ObjectMapper how to map different object based on JSON
- Swift Dictionary slow even with optimizations: doing uncessary retain/release?
- Xcode: simulators shows correct xib interface, but on device, it's showing old interface