SplitView like Facebook app on iPhone
I want to create an iPhone app that uses a navigation scene similar to the one pictured in the link
Please note I do not want this to only work for iPad, I want it to work for iPhone exactly as pictured, when you click on a tableview item it hides the tableview and makes that view full screen. I want ideas on how to do this because I cannot figure it out myself.
- iOS 6.1 and Xcode 4.6, enumaration warning UIViewAnimationCurveEaseOut
- Why doesn't Remove Observer from NSNotificationCenter:addObserverForName:usingBlock get called
- Edit image after taking a picture
- What tool(s) can I use to produce iPhone App Screencasts?
- Why am I getting an error “Failed to locate or generate matching signing assets” in Xcode 6?
- iPhone: Using Google to get directions
10 Solutions Collect From Internet About “SplitView like Facebook app on iPhone”
Facebook guys have done brilliant job in the new version of the app. The similar open source code can be found from here – JTRevealSidebarDemo. Please note that as of June 2014, this project has been discontinued, so you’ll probably have better luck with a project from the list below.
It reveals technique behind doing split view for iPhone.
Edit: Few other open source codes:
How about projects with storyboard compatibility?
I found 1 more slide menu which is compatible with storyboards:
Another storyboard-compatible menu is
from Sagar’s answer. They both have storyboard examples (for the last one link is ViewDeckStoryboardExample)
For anyone else looking for an Android version, take a look at:
- android fb like slideout navigation
- emerging ui pattern side navigation
I realize you asked about facebook, but now that ios7 is out, and this is the defacto thread i thought id post here.
For an effect similar to the kindle app on ios7 you can use:
If anyone else is looking for a way to implement this in
MonoTouch now known as
Xamarin.ios, take a look at this article I just found. monotouch slide out navigation
I just found that they have a free component for this!
I noticed no one listed this wonderful class… SWRevealController.
I use it with my project apps all the time. It’s Easy to use and heavily documented… There are also a few examples John gives to the user to understand how it works or if you’d like to derive your project from… Hope this helps
SHSidebarControllerwith filder effect.
This might be helpful to you.. try this 🙂
I’ve been working on a floating-style navigation drawer that I hope people will like. It’s on GitHub, take a look.
- Custom UISlider – Increase “hot spot” size
- iOS10 widget “Show more” “Show less” bug
- Putting existing project under source control in Xcode 4.3.2
- XCode Different Resources For Different Targets
- “contentsOfFile” returning nil, possible cause
- VS2013 Cordova iOS Remotebuild Error Cannot POST /build/tasks?command=build&vcordova=4.3.1&cfg=debug
- How can I send a UILongPressGesture programmatically?
- How to use cocoapods with playground?
- Update/change array value from another view controller
- iOS5: willSendRequestForAuthenticationChallenge method is running recursive
- iTunes Connect upload rejected with invalid binary because of missing NSCalendarsUsageDescription
- How to get WiFi encryption mode on iOS/iPhone/iPad?
- Xcode8 cannot connect multiple/single uibuttons to single @IBAction in swift file
- How do you use NSAttributedString?
- Uppercase characters in UItextfield