Sum array of unsigned 8-bit integers using the Accelerate framework
Can I use the Accelerate Framework to sum an array of unsigned 8-bit integers without converting to an array of floats.
My current approach is:
vDSP_vfltu8(intArray, 1, floatArray, 1, size); vDSP_sve(floatArray, 1, &result, size);
But vDSP_vfltu8 is quite slow.
- FFT Pitch Detection for iOS using Accelerate Framework?
- Spectrogram from AVAudioPCMBuffer using Accelerate framework in Swift
- Compute the histogram of an image using vImageHistogramCalculation
- Using Apple's Accelerate framework, FFT, Hann windowing and Overlapping
- UnsafeMutablePointer<Int8> from String in Swift
- matrix multiplication in swift using Accelerate framework 32 bit vs 64 bit
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Sum array of unsigned 8-bit integers using the Accelerate framework”
- If it is important to you that
vDSP_vfltu8( )be fast, please file a bug report. If there’s any question, file a bug report. Inadequate performance is a bug, and will be treated as such if you report it. Library writers use this sort of feedback to determine how to prioritize their work; your bug report is the difference between a function being at the front of the queue for optimization and it being #1937 in the queue.
- As has been hinted, integer accumulation is complicated by overflow concerns, but if it would be useful to have an optimized function for a specific case provided by the vDSP library, please file a bug report to request such a function (noticing a pattern?). Library writers are not psychic, and do not write functions that are not requested. Be sure to explain how you would use such a function–given this information, they may come up with a slightly different function that is even more useful to you.
- If you decide to write some NEON code yourself, you will want to make use of the
- how to get list of bluetooth devices using ExternalAccessory.framework
- Show keyboard in contenteditable UIWebView programmatically
- UITableViewCell doesn't get deselected when swiping back quickly
- What is the difference between Pan and Swipe in iOS?
- Drawing waveform with AVAssetReader
- UICollectionView Self Sizing Cells with Auto Layout
- Correct management of addObserverForName:object:queue:usingBlock:
- UICollectionView reloadData resigns first responder in section header
- Downcasting in Swift with as and as?
- three20 and iOS 6 not working
- Why to avoid forced unwrapping
- Swift string vs. string! vs. string?
- GPUImage2 : HarrisCornerDetector not calling callback
- UIScrollView + Centered View + Ambigous Scrollable Content Size + many iPhone sizes
- Draw a line with UIBezierPath