Sum array of unsigned 8-bit integers using the Accelerate framework
Can I use the Accelerate Framework to sum an array of unsigned 8-bit integers without converting to an array of floats.
My current approach is:
vDSP_vfltu8(intArray, 1, floatArray, 1, size); vDSP_sve(floatArray, 1, &result, size);
But vDSP_vfltu8 is quite slow.
- iOS Accelerate Framework vImage - Performance improvement?
- matrix multiplication in swift using Accelerate framework 32 bit vs 64 bit
- Compute the histogram of an image using vImageHistogramCalculation
- Spectrogram from AVAudioPCMBuffer using Accelerate framework in Swift
- UnsafeMutablePointer<Int8> from String in Swift
- Using Apple's Accelerate framework, FFT, Hann windowing and Overlapping
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Sum array of unsigned 8-bit integers using the Accelerate framework”
- If it is important to you that
vDSP_vfltu8( )be fast, please file a bug report. If there’s any question, file a bug report. Inadequate performance is a bug, and will be treated as such if you report it. Library writers use this sort of feedback to determine how to prioritize their work; your bug report is the difference between a function being at the front of the queue for optimization and it being #1937 in the queue.
- As has been hinted, integer accumulation is complicated by overflow concerns, but if it would be useful to have an optimized function for a specific case provided by the vDSP library, please file a bug report to request such a function (noticing a pattern?). Library writers are not psychic, and do not write functions that are not requested. Be sure to explain how you would use such a function–given this information, they may come up with a slightly different function that is even more useful to you.
- If you decide to write some NEON code yourself, you will want to make use of the
- Swift enumerate functions. How does it work behind?
- Using a XIB file for custom Tableview Section Header
- Problems understanding coordinate system SpriteKit using Swift
- Advice for app development iOS. ApplicationDidEnterBackground
- Should the rfc1034identifier be removed from the CFBundleIdentifier in plist file?
- Listen to a value change of my text field
- Snapchat-like text on image
- Use iOS 6 Style Segmented Control in iOS 7?
- Changing pin color MKMapView
- How do I create a mutable array of CGImageRefs?
- Using an external Xcode Clang Static Analyzer binary, with additional checks
- There is really something like Objective C++?
- How to add a breakpoint to objc_exception_throw?
- New to Xcode how to create a class
- Read Do not Disturb setting in IOS6