Swift does not support the SDK 'iPhoneSimulator8.4.sdk'
Just updated to Xcode 7.0.1, running on El Capitan (GM) with SIP disabled. And now every time I try to compile a Swift project I get this error;
<unknown>:0: error: Swift does not support the SDK 'iPhoneSimulator8.4.sdk' Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/swiftc failed with exit code 1
I’ve tried compiling for actual devices as well and get:
<unknown>:0: error: Swift does not support the SDK 'iPhoneOS8.4.sdk' Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/swiftc failed with exit code 1
My deployment target was originally set to 8.0, I’ve tried setting it to 9.0 but that makes no difference. My Base SDK is set to Latest iOS(iOS 9.0).
This is across all my Swift projects, even when I create a new project, I still get this error.
It doesn’t seem to be affecting Objective-C. One thought I’ve had, is could this be an issue with SIP being disabled? It doesn’t look like a permissions error but I can see no other reason why this isn’t working.
- how to pop when first pushed vc then presented modal vc 12 times?
- How to do a motion blur effect on an UIImageView in Monotouch?
- How to pass data from child to parent view controller? in swift
- How to fix ibtool failed with Main.storyboard error: shouldBeArchived unrecognized
- How secure is NSUserDefaults on iOS 8,9?
- Attach a PDF file to email - Swift
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Swift does not support the SDK 'iPhoneSimulator8.4.sdk'”
This happened to me when I had simultaneously installed both
Xcode 7 and
6.4 and after automatic update I was left with
One indication that something got messed up was output of
xcodebuild -sdk -version:
xcodebuild[29131:8243992] [MT] DVTSDK: Warning: SDK path collision for path '<DVTFilePath:0x7fac2ae3c800:'/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS9.0.sdk'>': SDK with name 'iphoneos9.0' being superceded by SDK with 'iphoneos9.0'. ... iPhoneOS8.4.sdk - iOS 9.0 (iphoneos9.0) SDKVersion: 9.0 Path: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.4.sdk PlatformVersion: 9.0 PlatformPath: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform ProductBuildVersion: 13A340 ProductCopyright: 1983-2015 Apple Inc. ProductName: iPhone OS ProductVersion: 9.0 ...
There might be easier way to solve this, but reinstalling
Xcode 7.0.1 fixed it for me.
If you don’t want to re-install Xcode (assumption: you’re building for iOS 9), just quit Xcode and go to “/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/” and remove the “iPhoneOS8.4.sdk” folder from that directory. Be sure to make an external copy if you still need it so you can put it back later. Then restart Xcode, clean, and build. Worked for me.
- How do I transfer the user's score to another scene in Swift and SpriteKit?
- How to append a tuple to an array object in Swift code?
- CGBitmapContextCreate: unsupported parameter combination. How to pass kCGImageAlphaNoneSkipFirst
- Set background color for UINavigationBar
- how to check if rtmp or hls urls are exist or they'll give 404 error in swift
- NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key must be present in Info.plist to use camera roll
- swift 3 – search result also with diacritics
- Upload Photo / File with JSON and custom headers via Swift 3 and Alamofire 4 | iOS | Swift
- Changing the source of a static library needs clean and build in xcode 4
- Ambiguous use of 'init' with CFStringTransform and Swift 3
- Interactive transitions between view controllers?
- Lazy loading Properties in swift
- App was rejected from App Store because of UIWebview
- UIButton Changing Position
- How to pass a value to parent view controller?