UICollectionView doesn't bounce when datasource has only 1 item
I have a UICollectionView with a custom UICollectionViewFlowLayout. It scrolls horizontally and only shows one item at a time (full height). I have pagingEnabled = YES so that it sticks to pages.
The UICollectionView shows photos within a particular day. I initially had buttons to change the day +/- 1 day, but I thought it would be neat if the user could pull on the collection view past the first or last image (past a predetermined threshold) to change the day. I implemented this using the UIScrollView delegate methods and it works great…… if there are 2 or more items in the collection view.
This is hard to describe, but if there is only 1 item, it doesn’t allow me to pull the item past it’s bounds. I.E. there is no bounce to it.
I’d like to have this behavior, but I need to overcome this problem first. I’m thinking that if I removed pagingEnabled = YES and used targetContentOffsetForProposedContentOffset:proposedContentOffset:withScrollingVelocity, that I may be able to get it to work but I really enjoy the snappy behavior that paging enables. (They are mutually exclusive).
Any ideas on this?
- Detecting the bottom “bounce” of UITableView
- scrollViewWillEndDragging:withVelocity:targetContentOffset: not working on the edges of a UISCrollView
- Cancel current UIScrollView touch
- Custom UIScrollView paging with scrollViewWillEndDragging
- In iOS 4.0, why does UIScrollView zoomToRect:animated: not trigger the scrollViewDidScroll or scrollViewDidZoom delegates while animating?
- iPhone - knowing if a UIScrollView reached the top or bottom
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “UICollectionView doesn't bounce when datasource has only 1 item”
UICollectionView has the properties
alwaysBounceVertical. Setting the horizontal to YES
did the trick.
Thanks for @VaporwareWolf ,the answer is correct. I want to add a supplement that:
DO NOT forget setting the
YESat the same time（through storyboard or your code）.
- iOS Tweet Uncompressed Image with Transparency
- Why are UIAElement's children not equal to themselves?
- ios: best way to display variable-length, multi-line text
- Apps must follow the iOS Data Storage Guidelines, nothing in /documents but still some kbs sent to iCloud
- Is it possible to reset the privacy settings in iOS?
- iOS – Core Data set attribute primary key
- Create an application that creates a video from iphone screen and add audio from headphones / audio input
- Swift struct type recursion
- AVFoundation camera preview layer not working
- What does the warning / exclamation mark next to prerelease builds mean?
- NSURLRequest: How to handle a redirected post?
- Is it possible to programmatically get the identifier of a basic UIViewController from an UIViewController or Storyboard in Swift/Objective-C?
- PDF editing with iPhone sdk
- Find out if user pressed the back button in uinavigationcontroller?
- Sorting array(NSArray) in descending order