UIColor colorWithRed:green:blue:alpha: always returns white unless one argument is 0
I am using
[UIColor colorWithRed:136 green:155 blue:218 alpha:1.0];
to change the background color of my table view cells.
But for some reason the background just stays white. If I try
[UIColor colorWithRed:0 green:155 blue:218 alpha:1.0];
the color changes. This does not make sense to me. Any advice or tips?
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “UIColor colorWithRed:green:blue:alpha: always returns white unless one argument is 0”
The parameter aren’t a values of 0 to 255 but a float between 0.0 and 1.0:
[UIColor colorWithRed:0.0f/255.0f green:155.0f/255.0f blue:218.0f/255.0f alpha:1.0f];
The values need to be floats (in the range 0.0 to 1.0), not ints (in the range 0 to 255).
+ (UIColor *)colorWithRed:(CGFloat)red green:(CGFloat)green blue:(CGFloat)blue alpha:(CGFloat)alpha
[UIColor colorWithRed:136.0/255.0 green:155.0/255.0 blue:218.0/255.0 alpha:1.0];
The params are not integers but floats, so
you probably want to divide all color float values with 255.
[UIColor colorWithRed:136.0/255 green:155.0/255 blue:218.0/255 alpha:1.0];
That’s why the color changes when you set red to 0 instead of 1 which 136 means in this case.
- iOS program to use multiple UITableView in a single UIViewController
- Whitespace escape when substituting one bash variable into another variable
- UITextField text jumps iOS 9
- Accessor gives the wrong value in Swift 1.2/2.0 Release build only
- Xcode – Removing unused frameworks?
- iOS App deployment without AppStore
- Turn off display in iPhone OS (iOS)
- Error (“'()' is not identical to 'UInt8'”) writing NSData bytes to NSOutputStream using the write function in Swift
- How to get hash fragment of URL from UIWebView
- presentViewController and displaying navigation bar
- Core Data validation: from Objective-C to Swift
- Swift behaves differently on debug and release mode
- stringByReplacingCharactersInRange does not work?
- How to add “Other Linker Flags” to xcode project using command line?
- Not allowing to use Constant defined in Objective C header file in swift class. Undefined symbols for architecture armv7