UIDatePicker in UIDatePickerModeCountDownTimer mode: how to get/set the hours and minutes via code?
How to get/set the hours and minutes via code from a UIDatePicker in UIDatePickerModeCountDownTimer mode?
I have an interface in that a user selects just hours and minutes. Then, he saves the information (so, I have to get the hours and minutes from UIDatePicker via code to save in a DB).
When the user is editing the information saved previously, I want to start the interface with the saved hours/minutes (so, I have to set the UIDatePicker hours and minutes via code with values from DB).
How do I do that with the UIDatePicker in UIDatePickerModeCountDownTimer mode?
Thanks in advance.
Solutions Collect From Internet About “UIDatePicker in UIDatePickerModeCountDownTimer mode: how to get/set the hours and minutes via code?”
You have to use the
countDownDuration property in
UIDatePicker when the date picker mode is set to
The countdown duration is in seconds, so you can calculate that from a NSDate as follows (to test it just drop it into the
viewDidLoad of any
// Create a new date with the current time NSDate *date = [NSDate new]; // Split up the date components NSDateComponents *time = [[NSCalendar currentCalendar] components:NSHourCalendarUnit | NSMinuteCalendarUnit fromDate:date]; NSInteger seconds = ([time hour] * 60 * 60) + ([time minute] * 60); UIDatePicker *picker = [UIDatePicker new]; [picker setDatePickerMode:UIDatePickerModeCountDownTimer]; [picker setCountDownDuration:seconds]; [[self view] addSubview:picker];
So if the current time is 17:28, the
UIDatePicker will show “17 hours 28 mins”. Simly replace the NSDate with the one you get from the DB and you should be sorted 🙂
- Adding a subview to UIButton
- Auto layout + size classes issue in swift
- What is the purpose of the init! failable initializer?
- How do I delete a file in my apps documents directory?
- Sorting an NSArray in reverse order
- Array element checking in swift
- iOS Google Plus API – Sharing or Logging In without going to Safari
- I want to trigger iOS7 to ask users permission to use Bluetooth and Twitter account
- Locate source project directory in Swift from compiled code
- Can I fetch details of the incoming call phone number in my applicaton?
- Use custom fonts in iPhone App
- “An App ID with bundle identifier X is not available. Please enter a different string” (Xcode 7.3)
- How to check the number of updates in the Sales and Trends Module of iTunes Connect
- Swift REPL: how to import, load, evaluate, or require a .swift file?
- Swift: NSTextField numberStyle not calling action