UISegmentedControl custom background image
I have UINavigationBar setup as image – some wood texture. I want to insert UISegmentedControl with 4 buttons on that bar. Buttons should have same texture with slightly changed tint.
One solution would be to change tint alpha of buttons background color, so that texture in background can get trough, but as I set alpha for tint in IB it doesn’t save value, it always gets back to value 1.
I cant get UISegmentedControl to show background image, so finally gave up and decide to search for help…
Effect that is desired is one in iBooks app, with buttons in Navigation Bar.
Any link or small help would be appreciated..
- UISegmentedControl Behaviour
- UISegmentedControl only changes text color when revisiting ViewController
- Scope Bar for UITableView like App Store?
- How can I calculate correct widths for UISegmentedControl segments?
- How to deselect a segment in Segmented control button permanently till its clicked again
- Text Alignment issue when I set the custom font
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “UISegmentedControl custom background image”
Do not bother with one of those custom segmented control packages if you’re on iOS 5 or later.
Per Dylan’s suggestion, use the Appearance functionality in iOS 5+.
See the top answer here:
Customizing Left & Right UISegmentedControl Buttons
- How to set the exception breakpoint in xcode 6
- Very simple image recognition on iOS
- estimatedHeightForRowAtIndexPath can in fact change the final “correct” height of a row?
- “Push” animation in Objective-C
- iOS universal app with healthkit won't run on iPad
- Can I distribute my App for any device without UDID?
- Obj-C and multi-dimensional arrays
- Setting a background image for UIButton
- Method swizzling for NSArray
- Receive local notifications after deleting and reinstalling an iphone app
- Code runs perfect in g++ but not in Xcode – Cannot find File
- How to block days in UIDatePicker for iOS
- Swift – UITableView scroll event
- Modifying struct instance variables within a Dispatch closure in Swift
- xcodebuild – how to define preprocessor macro?