UIView background color affects touches in iOS 5
I had a custom view with subclassed touch responses that was working in iOS 4. On iOS 5, these touches would not respond at all when touched along the bottom edge of the view, if the view’s background color was set to
I have not been able to track this down, but does anyone know if iOS 5 changed the way views respond to touches depending on a transparent background?
I can make no changes to the code other than set the background color to any opaque color like
orangeColor and the view fully responds.
Note the issue does not affect touches elsewhere in the view; only along the bottom edge, anywhere below the last subview added to the view; presumably a clear background is treated as if the view does not exist for the sake of touches when looking at an area of the view that has no content. Change the color, the view has “content” and the touches work!
- Cannot create outlet connections to subviews in Interface Builder (Xcode 5)
- How to apply multiple transforms in Swift
- Can I see the view hierarchy I have in my app while debugging in Xcode?
- drawing with clear color on UIView (cutting a hole) in static method
- How do I connect a IBOutlet to a UIView?
- UIView Rotation
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “UIView background color affects touches in iOS 5”
Instead of using
[UIColor clearColor], try using this:
[view setBackgroundColor:[UIColor colorWithRed:0 green:0 blue:0 alpha:0.1]];
UIView does not respond to touch events when the
alpha is anything below
[UIColor clearColor] sets an
0.0, so you won’t get the touch events. Following the above method, you can receive the touch events on a transparent view.
In case anyone else runs into this problem and wants a better solution than setting a partial opacity for the background, you can set the view’s
opaque property to
NO and then add an empty
drawRect: method. (Tested and working on iOS8, beta 4.)
- Sharing image and text to Facebook Messenger with UIActivityViewController failing
- Unable to setContentOffset in scrollViewDidEndDragging
- Detect if device properly displays UIVisualEffectView?
- How do I link libraries in Xcode 4?
- Asserts are hit in production build causing crashes
- Objective-C: Why check nil before respondsToSelector:?
- iOS web app icon without glare
- dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Social.framework/Social
- How can i change the localization programmatically by swift
- Why does my unwind segue go back too far?
- Trying to load Facebook-Comments plugin in a UIWebView
- How do I set default values on new properties for existing entities after light weight core data migration?
- What is the definition of Convenience Method in regards to Objective C?
- Parse ios wherekey using objectid
- How can I set only time in NSDate variable?