Up to date instructions on how to install XMPPFramework manually?
I’m having a really tough time getting XMPPFramework to work.
I’ve followed every direction written on the net, and XCode is not finding any of my XMPPFramework classes.
Expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘XMPPStream’
XMPP.h: No such file or directory
XMPPRoster.h: No such file or directory
Can any one please explain what is use of CGRectZero How to select map pin when tapping table row that associates with it? Why is my UITableViewCell not showing detailTextLabel in ANY style? Customizing Left & Right UISegmentedControl Buttons Designing inside a scrollview in xcode 4.2 with storyboards Why Doesn't iOS Autorotate a View loaded from a Nib after it was released by didReceiveMemoryWarning?
I have XMPPFramework copied into my project’s root directory. Why can’t these files be seen? Is there something that I need to do under Header Search Paths or Library Search Paths?
I’ve set those entries to $(inherited) and $(SRCROOT) and XCode 4.2 auto-fills in my project’s root directory and still doesn’t find my files.
I’m quite sure that I’m not the only one having this issue, and it is a showstopper. Any ideas?
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Up to date instructions on how to install XMPPFramework manually?”
At the XMPPFramework gitHub wiki 1 there is a step by step instruction that helps setting up XMPPFramework for your project.
In fact the error you have mentioned is close to what is also indicated by the instructions.
“However, upon importing an XMPPFramework class, such as by calling
‘#import XMPP.h’ will cause XCode to show an error ‘XMPP.h’ not found.
It appears that XCode is not finding any of the XMPPFramework files.”
I hope this gives you enough information to solve this issue you are facing, even though the instructions are not targeted specifically to iOS-5.
The wiki on github is out of date. Here is how I installed
Clone the XMPPFramework repository to somewhere on your machine and drag the needed folders in
somewhere/XMPPFramework to your Xcode project.
The necessary folders are:
You may also need
Extensions, it’s optional though.
It’s important to select the checkbox/radio buttons exactly like this image when dragging folders to your Xcode:
Sample_XMPPFramework.h to your Xcode and select the checkbox/radio buttons like step 1
b) rename it to
c) customize the content of
XMPPFramework.h based on your needs. (I didn’t change anything)
The file structure should look like this in Xcode project navigator after doing step 1 and 2:
link following frameworks and libraries
Added these 2 lines to
- other linker flags = -lxml2
- HEADER SEARCH PATHS = /usr/include/libxml2
You should be good after these 4 steps. However, please notice that you usually need to
#import <UIKit/UIKit.h> before using
Additional information related to the instructions in @Brian’s answer.
Addition to Step 3:
If a lib file such as libxml2.dylib is not available in the “Choose frameworks and libraries to add” window, follow these steps to find it:
- In the file selection window,
COMMAND+SHIFT+G(Go to folder)
- Select the .dylib file you need and click
After Step 4:
Also note that XMPPFramework and its dependencies use ARC.
If your app primarily uses MRR instead of ARC, either convert your app to ARC or perform step 5.
-fobjc-arc compiler flag to the XMPPFramework files.
In Xcode, for each target that will use XMPPFramework,
- Go to the target’s settings
- Go to
- Select all the XMPPFramework-related files in the list
Enterto open the edit window for compilers flags
Enteragain to save the change.
Compile Sources list is unsorted, so it is helpful to use the search field to filter the list on
XMPP and then on
XEP. That finds most of the files, but there are still some that have to be picked out from the full list of files.
- force UIViewController to be in Landscape mode iOS7
- Detecting/Fixing Memory Leaks
- UIImageView Animation too much memory consumption
- iOS 7 – Difference between viewDidLoad and viewDidAppear
- How to write a data in plist?
- CLLocation speed
- how to check an dispatch_async block has finished running
- Retrieve Boolean array from Firebase
- Search Bar and Search Display Controller in table view
- Ignore errors for self-signed SSL certs using the fetch API in a ReactNative App?
- iOS 5 Best Practice (Release/retain?)
- WorldNode conflicting with object spawning
- Swift – create custom class of type `Array`
- Xcode what's the difference between “Other Linker Flags” vs “Other_LDFLAGS”
- Animation using array of images in sequence