Updating to latest version of cocoapods?
I’m having some issues installing
Alamofire 4.0 into my project.
I’ve got the latest version of Xcode, running Swift 3, and when I try to install alamofire I’m getting like 800 compiler errors.
CocoaPods 1.1.0+ is required to build Alamofire 4.0.0+
I looked at the version of CocoaPods I have in terminal and it says I’m at 1.0.1.
Running an update didn’t work I guess because CocoaPods 1.1 is in beta.
So I’m not exactly sure how to update it up to where I’m good to go.
Unless being out of date doesn’t force like 800 compiler errors? Does that sound like some other issue?
5 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Updating to latest version of cocoapods?”
Execute the following on your terminal to get the latest stable version:
sudo gem install cocoapods
--pre to get the latest pre release:
sudo gem install cocoapods --pre
Open the terminal
sudo gem install cocoapods
It will install the latest stable version of
after that, you need to update pod using below command
I tried updating and didn’t work. Finally , I had to completely remove (manually )cocoapods, cocoapods-core , cocoapods-try.. any other package use by cocoa pods. Use this terminal command to list all the packages :
gem list --local | grep cocoa pods
After that , I also delete ./cocoapods folder from user root folder.
I change the line “pod ‘Alamofire’, ‘~> 4.0′” to “pod ‘Alamofire’, :git => ‘https://github.com/Alamofire/Alamofire’, :commit => ‘3cc5b4e'” after that in terminal: “pod install –repo-update” and it works.
For those with a sudo-less CocoaPods installation (i.e., you do not want to grant RubyGems admin privileges), you don’t need the
sudo command to update your CocoaPods installation:
gem install cocoapods
You can find out where the CocoaPods gem is installed with:
gem which cocoapods
If this is within your home directory, you should run
gem install cocoapods without using
Finally, to check which CocoaPods you are currently running type:
- How to convert a project using XIBs to Storyboard?
- Reachability change notification should be called only once
- How-to suppress constraint and layout warnings in Xcode 5 on a storyboard?
- How to install a certificate in Xcode (preparing for app store submission)
- “uppercaseString” and “lowercaseString” on UITextField crash in Swift
- iOS AVAudioSession interruption notification not working as expected
- How long does a push notification sit in queue before being removed?
- Event willAnimateRotationToInterfaceOrientation isn't calling
- is there a replacement for Shark in xcode 4?
- Animate UIView height from bottom to top
- Possible to reset state of dispatch_once in unit test, to make them run again
- Can we find historical data usage(Wifi / Mobile Data) of the installed application through libimobiledevice or iOS APIs?
- What does assigning a literal string to an NSString with “=” actually do?
- How to set dynamic width & height of a view in autolayout in iOS?
- UITableViewHeaderFooterView with IB