Using vector graphics in iPhone games
I’m Flash/AS3 developer and I’m wondering how some iPhone developers use vector assets in their games.
For example, “Lil’ Pirates”: this games looks like vector-based, it’s zooming and unzooming easily, but I can’t get any information about using vector assets at iOS.
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Using vector graphics in iPhone games”
Quartz 2D is a pretty lightweight framework for vector based graphics. It’s very well documented…
In particular I’d pay particular notice to layering and performance…
Quartz Layering and Performance
If performance is a worry I’d also have a read through the core animation documentation. Core animation uses CALayers to cache vectors drawn with Quartz to in-memory bitmaps. These CALayers can then be transformed and translated through the animation APIs. If you intend to perform a lot of drawing this is the route I would recommend.
- jQuery live scroll event on mobile (work around)
- Ineligible Devices section appeared in Xcode 6.x.x
- Drawing a transparent circle on top of a UIImage – iPhone SDK
- How can i get the textfield value from tag in iPhone sdk?
- Swift JSONDecoder typeMismatch error
- UITextField Only Top And Bottom Border
- CGContext invalid context 0x0
- AVPlayer was deallocated while key value observers were still registered with it
- UICollectionReusableView – Missing return in a function
- iOS Swift converting calendar component int month to medium style string month
- UIViewController viewWillAppear not called when adding as subView
- Forward vertical scrolls from UIScrollView to a sibling UITableView
- CGAffineTransformMakeScale animation not working
- Prepare for Segue to UITabBarController Tab
- How To Disable AFNetworking Cache