WARNING ITMS-90080: “The executable 'Payload/myapp.app/Frameworks/some-framework.framework' is not a Position Independent Executable
I have previously been able to submit my application without issue. The only part of my workflow that changed was the use of Sourcetree. After pulling updates to the following frameworks, I receive this warning when submitting to the iOS App Store. I also receive an email that contains:
Non-PIE Binary – The executable ‘Payload/myapp.app/Frameworks/Alamofire.framework’ is not a Position Independent Executable. Please ensure that your build settings are configured to create PIE executables. For more information, refer to Technical Q&A QA1788 – Building a Position Independent Executable
iOS - Integrating credit card payments Different cell bg color depending on iOS version (4.0 to 5.0) App Store Review Button Print Class Name of Current File in Swift How to write audio file locally recorded from microphone using AudioBuffer in iPhone? setKeyboardAppearance for UIWebView
Non-PIE Binary – The executable ‘Alamofire.framework’ is not a Position Independent Executable. Please ensure that your build settings are configured to create PIE executables. For more information, refer to Technical Q&A QA1788 – Building a Position Independent Executable
The notable frameworks in question are:
I’ve read the Apple Technical QA article, manually set all deployment targets of these frameworks and my own project to no avail. Has anyone seen this issue before and was able to resolve it?
I can confirm that these warning do not affect the submission approval process. I submitted my app for public release and it was approved despite the warnings. Now I’m just curious as to what happened on Apple’s end and what this means for framework developers.
- Submit multiple iOS apps with same code base
- coredata - deliver / setup default data
- Restricting app installations from AppStore only to users with iPhone 5/5s/5c
- An App ID with Identifier '' is not available. Please enter a different string
- Remove app temporarily from Apple app store
- Proper way to renew distribution certificate for iOS
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “WARNING ITMS-90080: “The executable 'Payload/myapp.app/Frameworks/some-framework.framework' is not a Position Independent Executable”
Looks like it may be a bug on Apple’s side, I’ve had this today too. See here:
To summarise the info in the link, recent successfully submitted builds had no PIE flag set and they went through OK. So it seems that either Apple is changing something or it may be a bug.
Getting the same thing. Not sure if it’s related but also all the builds have been wiped from the account (is that normal right after a release).
Also, had an issue where I got an email that my build had completed processing while in review but I hadn’t uploaded a new build in over a week.
Apple’s servers were reporting issues this week.
Feels like something’s wrong on Apple’s end with this.
Hi I have the same problem, no issue until I try to upload the archive to iTune connect and it gives warning message what you are getting. I also received email from Apple to fix this warning message.
“The executable ‘******/.framework’ is not a Position Independent Executable. Please ensure that your build settings are configured to create PIE executables. For more information, refer to Technical Q&A QA1788 – Building a Position Independent Executable” .
I followed the steps describe in https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1788/_index.html#/apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40013354. and perform clean – build. Build was successful. But when I choose “Generic iOS Devices”, build failed with error message saying “-no_pie and -bitcode_bundle (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE=YES) cannot be used together error”. To fix this issue i changed option for “Enable Bitcode” to NO in Target.
This fixes the build problem. Now when I try to upload the archive to iTune connect it gave me the error
“ERROR ITMS-90635 ‘Invalid Mach-O Format. …………. Verify that all of the targets for a platform have consistent value for the ENABLE_BITCODE build setting.'” and upload fail .
Now to fix this I un ticked option “include bitcode” in upload dialog and upload worked as expected without any warning or error.
- Xcode 6.3.2 The application does not have a valid signature
- How to add a Map annotation on MKMapView?
- Type 'Int32' does not conform to protocol 'AnyObject' Swift?
- what to do for voice application for ios?
- Where's the difference between setObject:forKey: and setValue:forKey: in NSMutableDictionary?
- What are my options for iOS app development on windows?
- Apple Development/Distribution certificates among individual account developers
- Why sometimes 'self' isn't available while debugging with lldb?
- iOS – Interface Builder: UIButton title disappears when setting image
- What does ^ in objective C mean?
- __attribute__ ((deprecated)) does not work on objective-c protocol methods?
- ios 8 swift – how to add footer for tableview using separate datasource
- Posting video on instagram using hooks
- Xcode 4.2 iOS 5 : Multiple segues from a UITableView
- UIActionSheet Crashes on iPad / not iPhone