WatchOS 2: “Cannot Install Watch App” “Error Launching 'TestApp WatchKit App Extension'”
I am getting a AlertView popup error on iOS every time I try to install a watchOS 2 app in Xcode 7 beta 4:
Cannot Install Watch App
UISearchController iOS 11 Customization Download image asynchronously How to pass data back from one view to other View in IOS? The selectedBackgroundView modifies the contentView subviews XCTest and asynchronous testing in Xcode 6 How to create an empty array in Swift?
TestApp is installed on your iPhone, but the TestApp app for Apple Watch is currently unavailable.
I’ve also tried installing the watchOS app through the Apple Watch iOS app, but I get the same error. And when I try to run the watchOS target, I get this:
Error Launching ‘TestApp WatchKit App Extension’
Installation error. Check the iPhone console for more details.”
I checked the iPhone console and no additional details are there.
I’ve reinstalled Xcode, deleted and re-added all simulators, reset simulator content & settings…none of which has worked. I also created a completely new project. This is occurring in the simulator and on a physical device/watch running iOS 9 beta 4 and watchOS 2 beta 4.
Has anyone figured out a fix or workaround for this?
- iOS - How to search a “searchable” ABSource, with ABSourceType | kABSourceTypeSearchableMask
- Video processing with OpenCV in IOS Swift project
- return floats to objective-c from arm assembly function
- iOS9 getting error “an ssl error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made”
- Create UICollectionViewCell subclass with xib
- Xcode-beta 8. Can't create core data
7 Solutions Collect From Internet About “WatchOS 2: “Cannot Install Watch App” “Error Launching 'TestApp WatchKit App Extension'””
Looking through the device system logs, I found my issue:
Jul 26 18:05:14 MacBook-Pro companionappd: (Error) WatchKit: validateWatchKitApplicationInfoDictionary, invalid Info.plist key 'NSAppTransportSecurity'
I had an App Transport Security key set on both the watchOS app
info.plist and the watchOS extension
info.plist. It should only be set on the extension.
You should remove NSAllowsArbitraryLoads key from info.plist of watch app. Watch Extension only allow NSAllowsArbitraryLoads key to include.
Because only extension is responsible for handling all these things not the watch app.
Cleaning the build (shift-command-K) fixed this problem for me.
You may need to delete the app in iPhone then launch again to solve this problem 🙂
I had this same issue. This happens due to issue while installing app on watchOS.
Below are some fix for this :
- Clean Xcode (try
cmd+shift+option+K– Clean Build Folder).
Quit Xcode and re-build your app.
Delete app and reinstall it.
Solution 1 worked in my case.
In my case, the problem was solved with these process.
- Back version control (git) to the commit that doesn’t have Apple Watch extension.
- Build & run iPhone app.
- Re-back to the latest commit and build & run.
Me too faced same issue.
In my case the issue was because of the location access alert.
Mine app was related to weather app.I was accessing user location,so whenever app is getting launched,iphone simulator have an alert ,asking the user to allow/disallow picking of his location.
After giving location permission watch app simulator launched successfully.
Hope this might help someone.
- Group elements of an array by some property
- How to get User Ip address and check that user is online in Ionic\Cordova
- UI changes on background thread due to NSUserDefaultsDidChangeNotification
- Decode a string in Swift
- Can't move keyboard view iOS9 swift
- iPhone: How to Pass Data Between Several Viewcontrollers in a Tabbar App
- Setting Xcode's target to iPhone NOT iPad
- delegate function vs callback function
- XCode Version 8.3.1 (8E1000a) IBOutlet Connect Issue
- Swift 2: Type of expression is ambiguous without more context, for a dictionary
- Error “library not found for”
- Setting “Disable web security” and “allow file access from files” in iOS WKWebView
- Multiple Arrays From Plist
- UIButton does not work when it in UIScrollView
- Two macs. One iPhone Developer License. Possible?