Weird colors in XCode Interface Builder?
I have really weird problem with colors in interface builder. I set a color on one UI element, for example UIView, and then I want the same color on UIButton…but when I try to do so, colors are often different – I mean little bit different tone, not absolutely different color. How is this even possible ??? I’ve tried to use RGB sliders, and other sliders, also that color picker tool… Only thing that helps me sometimes is, when I create new UI element. Anybody had the same problem and knows what’s going on ?
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Weird colors in XCode Interface Builder?”
Interface Builder filters colors through your monitor’s current color space by default. You can change this in Xcode4 IB by bringing up a Colors dialog, clicking the Sliders tab, then clicking the little dropdown button under the magnifying glass that looks like a color spectrum. This will bring up a list of available color spaces — select Generic RGB and adjust the sliders as necessary to get the correct color.
See this question for more information, especially the comments on the accepted answer.
I solved this issue using “Device RGB” instead “Generic RGB”.
See the image:
Unfortunately, fiddling with color spaces didn’t work for me. What did work was editing the raw xml of the .xib (right click .xib, Open As > Source Code) and changing the RGB decimal values there.
The currently selected item in interface builder will be slightly different to its actual colour – it has a darkened mask applied to it to highlight the fact that it is selected. You need to click somewhere else in the window to unselect the item, it’s real colour will then be shown. I’ve fallen into this trap myself.
- Non power of two textures in iOS
- How to write custom metadata to PNG images in iOS
- Swift: reflection of protocol variables
- Minifying code for PhoneGap App?
- Check if elements in two arrays are same irrespective of index
- pass data to view controller using storyboard segue iOS
- Designing UICollectionView cells in nib with Interface Builder (without storyboard)
- What is the correct way to save NSUserDefaults when my app is terminated on iOS
- How to load a storyboard from a XIB file?
- Display clear colored ViewController over another ViewController in iOS 7
- Indoor navigation hardware/software requirements for iOS
- Perform Segue Programmatically Without Button Connection?
- understanding TTNavigator
- How can I manually rotate the keyboard (With animation)?