Weird colors in XCode Interface Builder?
I have really weird problem with colors in interface builder. I set a color on one UI element, for example UIView, and then I want the same color on UIButton…but when I try to do so, colors are often different – I mean little bit different tone, not absolutely different color. How is this even possible ??? I’ve tried to use RGB sliders, and other sliders, also that color picker tool… Only thing that helps me sometimes is, when I create new UI element. Anybody had the same problem and knows what’s going on ?
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Weird colors in XCode Interface Builder?”
Interface Builder filters colors through your monitor’s current color space by default. You can change this in Xcode4 IB by bringing up a Colors dialog, clicking the Sliders tab, then clicking the little dropdown button under the magnifying glass that looks like a color spectrum. This will bring up a list of available color spaces — select Generic RGB and adjust the sliders as necessary to get the correct color.
See this question for more information, especially the comments on the accepted answer.
I solved this issue using “Device RGB” instead “Generic RGB”.
See the image:
Unfortunately, fiddling with color spaces didn’t work for me. What did work was editing the raw xml of the .xib (right click .xib, Open As > Source Code) and changing the RGB decimal values there.
The currently selected item in interface builder will be slightly different to its actual colour – it has a darkened mask applied to it to highlight the fact that it is selected. You need to click somewhere else in the window to unselect the item, it’s real colour will then be shown. I’ve fallen into this trap myself.
- Xcode 8: Terminating with Uncaught exception of type NSException
- how to determine which apps are background and which app is foreground on iOS by application id
- Plugins are not always added after cordova add platform android and iOs
- NSTextField click-through?
- While fetching Chat History I am Not getting Both user History from Openfire
- Loop within block appending to array in the wrong order – Swift 2.0
- Screen orientation ios
- Instagram Signed API Call from iOS
- how can I detect the completion of an animation triggered by CATransaction
- Show or hide UIBarButtonItem in UIToolbar programmatically
- Any workaround to avoid “unsupported browser …” when trying to use FB.ui on chrome on IOS
- How to get around Apple app ID insanity
- AVmetadata changes with swift 4 xcode 9
- Swift 3: Can not convert value of type 'int' to expected argument type 'DispatchQueue.GlobalQueuePriority'
- python easy_install fails with “assembler for architecture ppc not installed” on Mac OS X