What is the best method to exclude data and query parts of data in a Swift Firebase query?
I am querying users from Firebase and would like to know the best method to query all users excluding the current
ref.authData.uid . In parse its read like this……
query?.whereKey("username", notEqualTo: PFUser.currentUser()!.username!) query?.whereKey("username", containsString: self.searchTXTFLD.text)
Also, is there any Firebase query type similar to Parse’s containsString?
- Swift 3 - UIButton adding setTitle from plist and database
- Download font .ttf file from web and store on iPhone
- Realm object as member is nil after saving
- How to enable HTML client-side SQL database in embedded webkit app (test app on github)
- Making normalized version of string in sqlite - polish character ł
- Why is my code not working? - setObjectForKey: key cannot be nil
Solutions Collect From Internet About “What is the best method to exclude data and query parts of data in a Swift Firebase query?”
There is no way to retrieve only items from Firebase that don’t match a certain condition. You’ll have to retrieve all items and exclude the offending ones client-side. Also see is it possible query data that are not equal to the specified condition?
There is also no contains operator for Firebase queries. This has been covered many times before, such as in this question: Firebase query – Find item with child that contains string
- Custom UIPickerView with Custom Background color
- How show activity-indicator when press button for upload next view or webview?
- pushviewcontroller animation without actually calling pushviewcontroller
- iPhone Sound: Adjust speed of playback of audio file while playing
- Detecting compiler versions during compile time
- Swift spritekit set userdata
- Captured photo automatically rotated during upload in IOS 6.0 or iPhone
- Spin bottle with UIGestureRecognizer
- Using Unity3D in one of the iOS App's views
- How to schedule daily local push notification in iOS (ObjC)?
- Undestanding UIBezierPath curving mechanism, controlPoint and the curve point
- Method Swizzling in iOS 5?
- Mac Dock like magnification for iPad
- Change TabBarItem title font to bold in Swift for iOS
- Base internationalization and multiple storyboard not working right