What is the equivalent of Android content provider in IOS?
What is the equivalent of Android’s content provider in iOS?
A content provider manages access to a central repository of data. A provider is part of an Android application, which often provides its own UI for working with the data. However, content providers are primarily intended to be used by other applications, which access the provider using a provider client object. Together, providers and provider clients offer a consistent, standard interface to data that also handles inter-process communication and secure data access.
- Embed PDF Viewer for PhoneGap application
- Peer to peer android and iOS with Wifi direct (multipeer connectivity?)
- Firebase: Customized authenication for each application in the same project
- Best option for supplying Quadtree GPS Data to an app?
- Google Play Services 8.4.0 breaks Google Cloud Messaging for Android if iOS is also used
- what is the fastest FFT library for iOS/Android ARM devices?
Solutions Collect From Internet About “What is the equivalent of Android content provider in IOS?”
If I’m understanding that link correctly, there is no equivalent.
On iOS, apps can’t share resources between each other in that way. For security reasons, each app has it’s own data and is sandboxed from being able to access the data within another app.
The only ways you could share data between apps is to have some network sync process between your apps, or possibly use
UIPasteBoard but that’s cumbersome. You can also pass very limited data via the app URL scheme.
- Showing App's Build Date
- Is there anything like 'getStreamsToHost' on real iPhone device?
- Interface Builder (iPhone dev) custom button background Image does not respect Stretching settings
- Record audio iOS
- How to throttle search (based on typing speed) in iOS UISearchBar?
- Stopping ScrollView Going Above & Below The Bounds
- Use UIImagePickerController in landscape mode in Swift 2.0
- Error: Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1001 “The request timed out.”
- How to compare two NSDates: Which is more recent?
- on apple osx lion, make not in path
- Instruments: Leaks and Allocations (tvOS)
- – (UITableViewCell *)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView cellForRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath is not being called
- Embed Collection View in Custom Table View Cell
- Get an ivar or property from a NSString
- iOS 6 autorotation in simulator varies from actual iOS 6 device