What should I do about xcuserdata directories with my old username?
(I have a mac running Mountain Lion with Xcode 4.5.2)
I changed my username a while ago, and Xcode has started recreating
xcuserdata directories with the new username at
$path_to_.xcodeproj/xcuserdata/blackl.xcuserdatad. I’ve been working with it like that since, and I can’t remember if anything seemed to have reset after the change, so whatever was in there must not have been too important…
What does Xcode store in
xcuserdata and what should I do about the old ones? There are some old projects I haven’t opened since the change; I could just rename the directories in those. Newer projects will have two directories (
blackl.xcuserdatad and one with the old username); what should I do in those cases?
- Add Xcode project to github repo?
- Xcode workspace source control only working for first added project
- XCode 4 Adding a Sub Project
- What is default settings to reffer to file location in xcode project?
- xcode can't find a standard c++ include file
- How to start a project with both outputs iPhone & iPad?
Solutions Collect From Internet About “What should I do about xcuserdata directories with my old username?”
You can safely delete the xcuserdata directories. It basically contains personal settings like breakpoints, user interface layout, open files, automatic snapshots configuration and so on.
Most people ignore those files in their version control software. I do that too.
BTW: there’s another xcuserdata directory inside of
- How can I modify OTHER_LDFLAGS via CocoaPods post-install hook?
- Xcode 5.1 build opencv failed on 64 bit simulator
- When did `guard let foo = foo` become legal?
- The use of Swift 3 @objc inference in Swift 4 mode is deprecated?
- Safe (bounds-checked) array lookup in Swift, through optional bindings?
- Character index at touch point for UILabel
- Proximity sensor in Swift (from Objective-C)
- Swift tableView Pagination
- NSURLSession Memory Leaks occur when using web services in IOS
- Why Apple's closure declarations missing argument labels
- iPhone: How can I build my own TabBar?
- How to write exif metadata to an image (not the camera roll, just a UIImage or JPEG)
- Slow load time for custom UIView in Swift
- Removing a NSNotificationCenter observer in iOS 5 ARC
- HOWTO set the text of the AddressBookAccessRequest alertView?