What should I do about xcuserdata directories with my old username?
(I have a mac running Mountain Lion with Xcode 4.5.2)
I changed my username a while ago, and Xcode has started recreating
xcuserdata directories with the new username at
$path_to_.xcodeproj/xcuserdata/blackl.xcuserdatad. I’ve been working with it like that since, and I can’t remember if anything seemed to have reset after the change, so whatever was in there must not have been too important…
What does Xcode store in
xcuserdata and what should I do about the old ones? There are some old projects I haven’t opened since the change; I could just rename the directories in those. Newer projects will have two directories (
blackl.xcuserdatad and one with the old username); what should I do in those cases?
- committing project to source control in Xcode
- How to define Outlets and Actions in the Classes Pane in Interface Builder in Xcode 4?
- Xcode project how to detect target programmatically or how to use env vars
- How to prevent Xcode 4 from jumping to the main.m file after every Run?
- XCode 4.2: Renamed project file in project navigator, all project settings/config lost
- Difference between framework and static library in xcode4, and how to call them
Solutions Collect From Internet About “What should I do about xcuserdata directories with my old username?”
You can safely delete the xcuserdata directories. It basically contains personal settings like breakpoints, user interface layout, open files, automatic snapshots configuration and so on.
Most people ignore those files in their version control software. I do that too.
BTW: there’s another xcuserdata directory inside of
- React Native using pre-bundled file on device, even if DEV-mode
- Get twitter Follower in IOS 5
- Move and Rotate GMSMarker smoothly along last updated GPS coordinates Swift iOS
- Setting layoutMargins of UIView doesn't work
- Spritekit crashes when entering background
- How to Transfer Large Files over wifi in iOS
- How to Convert NSInteger or NSString to a binary (string) value
- How to retrieve objects from firebase by key value
- txt files with invisible line breaks
- NSRegularExpression to extract text between two XML tags
- Getting OSStatus error 100021 when trying to ad hoc distribute ios app
- ImportError: No module named zope.interface
- Replace all NSNull objects in an NSDictionary
- Objective-C header file not recognizing custom object as a type
- Creating layout constraints programmatically