What should Xcode 6 gitignore file include?
What should the typical
.gitignore include for Xcode 6?
Also for information regarding the
xccheckout introduced in Xcode 5 see here
- Different layouts in portrait and landscape mode
- Use two versions of the same library
- duplicate symbols for architecture arm64 after xCode 8.0 update
- xcode crash on adding localization for Info.plist with Base localization
- How to properly set run paths, search paths, and install names?
- How to convert a NSString to UTF-8 format string in iphone sdk?
3 Solutions Collect From Internet About “What should Xcode 6 gitignore file include?”
The easiest answer is that mine looks like this:
# Xcode .DS_Store build/ *.pbxuser !default.pbxuser *.mode1v3 !default.mode1v3 *.mode2v3 !default.mode2v3 *.perspectivev3 !default.perspectivev3 *.xcworkspace !default.xcworkspace xcuserdata profile *.moved-aside DerivedData .idea/ # Pods - for those of you who use CocoaPods Pods
which I believe is the same .gitignore that GitHub sets up with all their repositories by default.
Another answer is that there’s a website called “gitignore.io” , which generates the files based on the .gitignore templates from https://github.com/github/gitignore.
If you are creating a new project from scratch in Xcode 6 … there is no need for a long .gitignore file anymore, as I pointed out in my last post: Apple optimized the standard project file and folder structure to meet the requirements for clear and straight forward git commits. Apple also ignores two file patterns by default if you create the git repository with a Xcode project template:
They added them to your
.git/info/excludes file in your project directory. So no need to re-ignore them in .gitignore 🙂
The only thing I always include in a
.gitignore file is the
# Exclude personal Xcode user settings xcuserdata/
Refer to Github’s Xcode.gitignore file to always have an updated listing of which Xcode files to ignore.
- Write a method signature including the class name for documentation
- Application Menu Items Xcode
- iPhone MKMapView : the map can’t load completely
- how can I convert NSArray into specific String?
- Generating permutations of NSArray elements
- Swift : How to handle a lot of textures in memory
- exclude subview from UITapGestureRecognizer
- How is layoutIfNeeded used?
- Create inner shadow in UIView
- How to add animation on image change while create video using images
- iOS Receipt Validation through Node.js using lambda
- Storyboard prepareForSegue
- XCode 7.3.1 Archive Error: “Verify that your build process has compiled binaries and copied in bundle resources”
- How to convert NSURL to String in Swift
- Trying to load new view upon orientation change