Where to set environment variables for app?
I’m working with source code that is frozen and cannot be changed; but its ENV aware and expects changes through the ENV. The source code is being used in an Xcode 4/iOS project.
Xcode 3 allowed us to set environmental variables on the app in the Executable folder (see Figure 1 at iOS Debugging Magic). Xcode 4 appears to lack the ‘executable info’ that was present in Xcode 3.
I’ve looked through a number of similar questions on Stack Overflow, but no one has answered the questions. Answers usually degenerate to preprocessor macros. Confer: How to set environment variables in iPhone executable using XCode 4?, Conditional Environment Variables in Xcode, and Where to set environmental variables in ios?.
How does on set an app’s environment variables in Xcode 4?
- How do I quickly inspect the value of an arbitrary variable in Xcode 4.6.x?
- how download xcode dmg file?
- “po” command in Xcode 4.6 is very slow the first time
- OS X Crash Log Symbolication
- com.apple.InterfaceBuilder error -1. Storyboard Can Not Be Opened
- How to disable new Xcode 4.6 warning for whole project ? “… used as the name of the previous parameter rather than as part of the selector"
Solutions Collect From Internet About “Where to set environment variables for app?”
You can set environment variables via Xcode Schemes. To edit a scheme, select it in the top bar:
Choose the Run mode and go to the Arguments tab, and there you go…
By default, these settings are also used for the Test and Profile modes.
- How does right-clicking text and selecting a service work?
- Change NSData Size of a UIImage – Compress And Resize UIImage With a Maximum Megabyte Mb limit
- Getting metadata in swift by UIImagepickerController
- Scaling UIImage with a UIIImagePicker's CGAffineTransform and Saving to Parse SDK
- GCM Notifications not receiving when app is in background mode in iOS
- Appropriate way to get user's location(also in killed state) for an “hyperlocal” app
- Difference between + and – methods in Objective-c
- “-std=gnu++0x”option for MacOS
- Why does my unwind segue go back too far?
- Detect when a User takes a Screenshot
- Swift string via string literal vs initializer
- crash log does not symbolicate system libraries armv7s
- Swift Block value error
- IONIC/cordova, make phone call in IOS
- Swift TableView for iOS