Xcode 5 – How to add Header Search Path and use GDataXMLNode
I am trying to use GDataXMLNode to parse an XML file. I am following the tutorial on this blog:
My problem is trying to add the GDataXMLNode to my project and getting it to work. I’m supposed to do something with the configurations, add a Header Search Path, and a few other things, but every single example I’ve found online is for a previous version of Xcode. I’m currently using Xcode 5 and I have tried everything (PLEASE prove me wrong), but nothing is working the way it’s supposed to in this tutorial.
So, any help as to how I might go about this and get it working together with my iOS project would be much appreciated. Let me know if I can expound on anything I’ve said.
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode 5 – How to add Header Search Path and use GDataXMLNode”
You should select “All” in Project Settings to show all the parameters, including “Header Search Paths” and “Other Linker Flags”.
It’s quite easy, follow instruction but remember that GDataXMLNode does not support ARC. You can do the same instruction as Andrey. But I think it should be located in a sub-project, for example:
Library.xcodeproj. If you want to organize your code formally.
Library.xcodeproject, add GDataXMLNode. In
Build Settings, you also include “Header Search Path” and “Other Linker Flags”. But don’t forget that GDataXMLNode does not support ARC. Go to
Build Phrases, under
Compile Sources menu look for
GDataXMlNode.m set a Compiler Flag for it with: -fno-objc-arc
Now, for any sub-project you want to use this library, just go to Build Settings, in User
Header Search Path properties choose:
../IPLibrary and choose rescursive option.
Now you can include GDataXMLNode. By the way, your project looks more professional, due to lib and source code is split separately. Good luck.
- Objective-C Implicit conversion loses integer precision (size_t to CC_Long)
- How to add a right button to a UINavigationController?
- Understanding this use of “(Private)” in @interface declaration
- Receiver 'ClassName' is a forward class and corresponding @interface may not exist
- Animating the width of UISearchBar frame
- 3D Cube Problem! Part 1
- Detect backspace Event in UITextField
- qt 5.7 + Xcode 8.1 + os x El Capitan – could not resolve SDK Path for 'macosx'
- Objective-C / iOS: Subclassing UITableViewController for a custom view
- Objective-C Top or bottom super call in overridden method
- How do we manually fix “ResourceRules.plist: cannot read resources” error after xcode 6.1 upgrade?
- How to identify different connected watches in iOS
- What is the second parameter of NSLocalizedString()?
- UICollectionView doesn't contain UICollectionViewCell in IB
- Xcode spurious warnings for “Creating selector for nonexistent method 'compare:'”