Xcode 6 ignoring breakpoints – Swift
Xcode 6 is completely ignoring my breakpoints. I saw a post here from 2008, but the answers are outdated, and don’t seem to work.
This is happening only with projects that I start. All my downloaded open source projects work perfectly fine, as well as projects I started a few months ago.
This is what I get when I create a brand new project and set a breakpoint in
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode 6 ignoring breakpoints – Swift”
After trying many different things, I ran
defaults delete com.apple.dt.Xcode
This reset my Xcode settings. Now when I create a new project, breakpoints work fine.
I realized that the problem happened when I added Cocoapods to the project. B/c right after I ran
pod install, breakpoints stopped working. I’m not sure why.
Hope this helps anyone with the same problem
I had a similar issue when I added a target to my project. Breakpoints placed in that target were ignored.
The solution was to set “Debug Information Format” in the new target’s build settings to “DWARF with dysm”
In XCode 7.1 it defaulted to DWARF
Close Xcode and remove the derived data and then reopen Xcode it will work
There can be various culprits for this, a common one being setting the build scheme to Release instead of Debug.
For me it was the Debug Optimization Level set to -O0 in my target’s build settings. Changing it to “Fast [-O, O1]” makes Xcode breakpoint-respectful again.
There is an interesting post about it here:
- Book App Tutorial iphone
- How to parse JSON in Objective-C
- Get current city and country from CLGeocoder?
- iOS – 'MyProject-Swift.h' file not found when running Unit Tests for Swift
- Reachability airplane mode (3G) vs. Wifi
- `-costToNode:` Not Sent to GKGraphNode2D Subclass in GameplayKit
- How to implement two inits with same content without code duplication in Swift?
- How is the relation between UIView's clipsToBounds and CALayer's masksToBounds?
- How to handle lifetime in firebase dynamic links ? (iOS)
- How can I set a UITableView to grouped style
- Possible to launch an iOS app from a web link
- When I try SQLite on iOS, INSERT and UPDATE does not work
- error: WatchKit apps must have a deployment target equal to iOS 8.2 (was 8.3)
- NSData and UIImage
- How can I disable ARC for a single file in a project?