Xcode 7 beta 2: LaunchScreen.storyboard could not open document
I am getting this error on two different Macs (iMac and Mac Book pro). No idea why people can’t reproduce it but I need some help.
I am running Xcode 7 beta 2 (23 June ’15) on a Mac running OS X Yosemite 10.10.4.
Can’t even compile and run my project..
I created a single view application project from the create menu, and that’s it.
I tried to delete and re-add the storyboard file (also the Main.storyboard cannote be opened) and I still get the same message. This is the crash report:
Process: com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService  Path: /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService Identifier: com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService Version: ??? Code Type: X86-64 (Native) Parent Process: ???  Responsible: com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService  User ID: 489132888 Date/Time: 2015-07-08 11:47:46.022 +0100 OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.4 (14E11f) Report Version: 11 Anonymous UUID: --value-- Time Awake Since Boot: 7500 seconds Crashed Thread: 0 Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000 Application Specific Information: dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries Dyld Error Message: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libwep Referenced from: /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService Reason: no suitable image found. Did find: /usr/lib/libwep: mmap() error 1 at address=0x105FB8000, size=0x00003000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /usr/lib/libwep /usr/lib/libwep: mmap() error 1 at address=0x105FBF000, size=0x00003000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /usr/lib/libwep Binary Images: 0x7fff6a06c000 - 0x7fff6a0a2837 dyld (353.2.1) <72A99D0F-0B56-3938-ABC5-67A0F33757C4> /usr/lib/dyld 0x7fff843dd000 - 0x7fff8470efff com.apple.Foundation (6.9 - 1153.20) <F0FF3A5D-C5B7-34A1-9319-DE1EF928E58E> /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation 0x7fff89079000 - 0x7fff89411ff7 com.apple.CoreFoundation (6.9 - 1153.18) <5C0892B8-9691-341F-9279-CA3A74D59AA0> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation 0x7fff8944a000 - 0x7fff8944bff3 libSystem.B.dylib (1213) <17F6DDBE-8FDC-3DD5-8562-76618A81CFE6> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib 0x7fff8d2f1000 - 0x7fff8d4eb46f libobjc.A.dylib (647) <759E155D-BC42-3D4E-869B-6F57D477177C> /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
- UITableView with custom paging-like behaviour
- Top-aligning text of different sizes within a UILabel
- How to add a .sql file to sqlite db in Xcode
- iOS sharing data between viewcontrollers
- How to select multiple images from gallery in titanium?
- How do I determine the OS version at runtime in OS X or iOS (without using Gestalt)?
4 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode 7 beta 2: LaunchScreen.storyboard could not open document”
This worked for me on El Capitan.
and remove the profiles in there.
Restart Xcode and it should work!
For Yosemite users try the following:
- Open up terminal
rm -rf *
Also, you can always type ls to list the files and directories. There may be another folder such as Profiles on your machine. Not sure since I only did this on my Yosemite machine that wasn’t having issues.
Restart Xcode, clean, build etc.
Use sudo if there are any permission issues.
Go to your Target/General and fix the Deployment target. I hope that this helps
LaunchScreen.storyboard in text mode and look for any anomaly.
You can also remove it and create a new one as you only have the default
- Clean Project
- Clean derived data
Wait for reindexing files
- Unable to create local EKCalendar (Reminders) if iCloud is set to not sync Reminders
- Dictionary becomes nil when trying to pass back CLLocation object to iOS app extension
- iOS Facebook SDK MessageDialog error 202
- iOS tap to focus
- How to convert String to NSDate?
- How to display a base64 image within a UIImageView?
- Retain view state upon reloading
- How to add a touch event to a UIView?
- Why Shouldn't A UIWebView Be Placed in a UIScrollView?
- Growl/toast style notifications library for iOS
- Tell AppleScript To Build XCode Project
- Very custom UIButton animation in iOS
- UIBarButtonItem causes app to crash
- tableView.cellForRowAtIndexPath(indexPath) return nil
- warning: -Wuninitialized is not supported without -O