Xcode 8: custom description in suggestion
I’m trying to have custom description for my functions shown in the suggestions box which shows up as I type said function names, the same way it works for swift functions: e.g the UIActivityIndicatorView.startAnimating() description is shown both in the
QuickHelp menu AND in the completion box
in Xcode 7 I would just add a comment line with the /** */ tags prior to the function declaration and the ide would recognize it accordingly e.g.
but for some reason doing so with Xcode 8 only shows the custom description within the QuickHelp tab of the Utilities menu, and not in the suggestion box.
Is there any suggestion about how I may obtain the same behavior with this new version of Xcode? I would appreciate it a lot!
- where is example of iOS Bluetooth LE peripheralManager didReceiveWriteRequests
- How do I overcome XCode object model version error?
- Group table view background color is deprecated in ios 6.0
- How do I submit an app to the App Store using Xcode 4.3 or Application Loader
- iPhone 6+ simulator doesn't load @3x images from atlas
- Why is -force_load no longer required for my three20 dependencies in XCode 4.2?
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode 8: custom description in suggestion”
Hear i found some solution. You need to change User Header Search Path No to Yes under Build settings. And then restart your xcode.
This is working fine for me.
It is because of Indexing…. just go to your project name at the top of navigation and Clean (cmd+shift+k) then come again to the file where you wanna work type any word you will see suggestion popUp. that it..
Other way is that just quit your xcode and open it again and wait for a moment let xcode indexing the files then type any word you will see suggestion popUp. that it..
- Why can't I call the default super.init() on UIViewController in Swift?
- Key differences between Core Image and GPUImage
- Static cells: Content does not appear
- iOS set background color for all viewcontroller self.view's
- How to put an image in a Realm database?
- iOS 10 with XCode 8 GM caused NSUserDefaults to intermittently not work
- Compare 2 nsmutablearray and get different object to third array in ios
- working with cocoapods ios
- iOS app getting throttled from local searches
- Move UIView with relation to touch
- In iOS, using storyboard, how to setup a view controller inside a container view?
- SpriteKit and UIKit compatibility: OpenGL error when migrating to Swift 2?
- Playing a sound with AVAudioPlayer
- WatchKit return reply() inside a block in handleWatchKitExtensionRequest:
- Get window height on mobile devices (especially iPhones) without using jQuery