Xcode 8: custom description in suggestion
I’m trying to have custom description for my functions shown in the suggestions box which shows up as I type said function names, the same way it works for swift functions: e.g the UIActivityIndicatorView.startAnimating() description is shown both in the
QuickHelp menu AND in the completion box
in Xcode 7 I would just add a comment line with the /** */ tags prior to the function declaration and the ide would recognize it accordingly e.g.
but for some reason doing so with Xcode 8 only shows the custom description within the QuickHelp tab of the Utilities menu, and not in the suggestion box.
Is there any suggestion about how I may obtain the same behavior with this new version of Xcode? I would appreciate it a lot!
- Usage of withMemoryRebound with Apples Swift 3 beta 6
- Unrecognized selector UIDeviceRGBColor countByEnumeratingWithState:objects:count:
- Xcode8 beta 6 - URLSession with completionHandler argument not working
- Xcode 8 beta 6: main.swift won't compile
- How to declare exponent/power operator with new precedencegroup in Swift 3?
- UIImagePickerController's cameraViewTransform is ignoring 'scaling' and 'translation' on iOS 10 beta
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode 8: custom description in suggestion”
Hear i found some solution. You need to change User Header Search Path No to Yes under Build settings. And then restart your xcode.
This is working fine for me.
It is because of Indexing…. just go to your project name at the top of navigation and Clean (cmd+shift+k) then come again to the file where you wanna work type any word you will see suggestion popUp. that it..
Other way is that just quit your xcode and open it again and wait for a moment let xcode indexing the files then type any word you will see suggestion popUp. that it..
- How to distinguish between fired events for a UIButton callback action
- Service Locator pattern in Swift
- Using a string as name to set property values
- Swift 3 Firebase update code convertion – sorting
- Finding date & time in NSString using Regex
- UICollectionReusableView – Missing return in a function
- Determining the current state of a cell
- Key data not storing to iCloud with NSUbiquitousKeyValueStore.defaultStore
- Xcode “Device Locked” When iPhone is unlocked
- iPhone-Sqlite:Constraint failed error
- How to change the color of the tab button and the view itself in NSTabView?
- Removing a weird file from git repository on mac
- How to create .ipa file using Xcode?
- When to use -retainCount?
- Xcode 5.1 crashes when it hits a break point