Xcode 9 crash during uploading app to App Store
In my project the Xcode 9 crashes during uploading to App Store (or exporting to disk, it does not matter). I have found that it may be caused by cocoapods or some kind of external frameworks bug, because on my other projects which do not use cocoapods this bug does not happen. However why I created post about it here on stackoverflow is the question if anybody has a temporary solution to solve this issue?
Unfortunately it is not known when it will be fixed by Apple or cocapods…so…every help would be welcomed.
I have already reported this bug to Apple with the (shortened) log below.
Process: Xcode  Path: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode Identifier: com.apple.dt.Xcode Version: 9.0 (13247) Build Info: IDEFrameworks-13247000000000000~26 App Item ID: 497799835 App External ID: 823595305 Code Type: X86-64 (Native) Parent Process: ???  Responsible: Xcode  User ID: 501 Date/Time: 2017-09-20 20:04:30.103 +0200 OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12.6 (16G29) Report Version: 12 Anonymous UUID: 9D0C9FF5-77EB-F94F-67E5-634E39EAE67B Sleep/Wake UUID: 30F3DB44-C016-4799-AD07-A080AA633DE8 Time Awake Since Boot: 14000 seconds Time Since Wake: 1500 seconds System Integrity Protection: enabled Crashed Thread: 14 Dispatch queue: ConcurrentQueue: -[IDEDistributionPackagingStepViewController viewDidInstall]_block_invoke Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000007fcb5ab5718 Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11 Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb Terminating Process: exc handler 
This post was also posted on Apple Developer Forums.
- App store review guidelines 2.10 - should iPhone app be adjusted to iPad?
- Xcode error while validation - “Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5”
- App Store - Managing Availability of Your Apps' Previous Versions
- iPhone App floating point calculations when released to the app store.
- “The binary you uploaded was invalid. the file was not a valid zip file” Error message uploading app to iTunes Connect
- Error invalid binary from itunes connect?
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode 9 crash during uploading app to App Store”
After struggling with
Xcode 9 for many days and having tried so many things icluding some mentioned here. I ended up
- Download and install
Xcode 8.3.3( Always keep the older version, lesson for life )
- Archive the app with
Xcode 8.3.3, open Organizer and submit the app
This works. Good luck.
Xcode 9.0.1 and
Xcode 9.1 beta doesn’t fix the issue.
I just solved the problem.
I have the same problem with Xcode Version 9.0.1 (9A1004).
First of all, check your problem is exactly same as mine.
- To do this, open Terminal and put ‘xattr’ command and Enter.
- If you can see kinda ‘Permission denied’ error message, fortunately you are just same as mine.
- Now you can solve the problem by putting this one line command.
sudo chown -R $USER:$(id -g) /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/protobuf-3.2.0-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/
so you can do ‘Upload to Appstore’ or ‘Export IPA’.
- Why did my app get rejected because “Multitasking apps may only use background”?
- Detect screen on/off from iOS service
- Sorting array(NSString + Number) using NSSortDescriptor in IOS?
- Custom Xcode IDE Plugin error: “Could not find class named…”
- How to check internet connection in alamofire?
- NSString allocation and initializing
- Get Path to Subdirectory in Resources Folder
- Adding syntax coloring to Xcode for unknown file extension such as “.tcl”
- Delegates – retain or assign – release?
- Max memory usage on watchOS 2?
- Annotated pins are not getting loaded during reloading of map
- Animate images in uiimageview
- MBProgressHUD to show label text in more than one line
- Table view cell expanding in IOS 7
- ios class not found “Expected a type”