Xcode 9 – no iOS 11 simulator
When I open up the new Xcode 9 and go to
Preferences > Components I don’t see an option to download iOS 11 simulators. I’m 100% sure I have the latest Xcode 9 beta 4
I did some research and found out that Xcode downloads an index to determine what it is able to download. For me that was:
Basically one is able to use it for any Xcode version by determining the DTXcoce:
defaults read /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Info DTXcode .
A result like
0900 must be converted to
And the DVTPlugInCompatibilityUUID:
defaults read /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Info DVTPlugInCompatibilityUUID
https://devimages-cdn.apple.com/downloads/xcode/simulators/index-<the DTXcode>-<the UUID>.dvtdownloadableindex .
And lastly in order to be able to open it:
plutil -convert xml1 <the downloaded .dvtdownloadableindex file>
Can someone verify I have the right dvtdownloadableindex? Or provide a url to the right version? Otherwise I hope someone can provide the url for the complete simulator package by downloading and cancelling the simulator while looking in to
console.app like in this article
- Hide large title when scrolling up
- Closure tuple does not support destructuring in Xcode9 Swift4
- Xcode 9 - “Fixed Width Constraints May Cause Clipping” and Other Localization Warnings
- Unable to install app in simulator xcode 9 beta
- How to enable UIDragInteraction on Custom UIViews for iPhone
- Simultaneous accesses to 0x1c0a7f0f8, but modification requires exclusive access error on Xcode 9 beta 4
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode 9 – no iOS 11 simulator”
I seem to be pretty stupid, wasting too much time than necessary.
The new iOS 11 simulators were already included in the new Xcode, (however the won’t appear in the settings of Xcode) . You can just open up the simulator (
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app) and choose an iOS 11 device in the
Hardware > Device menu bar.
Xcode.app can be
In Xcode Version 9.0 beta 5 (9M202q)
In the menu Window > Devices and Simlators
- Click on the + button at the bottom left corner
- Choose ‘Device Type’: ‘iPhone SE’
- Then ‘OS Version’: ‘iOS 11.0’ can be choosen
- Programmatically add content to music library
- Animation iOS with sound file
- Using NSUndoManager, how to register undos using Swift closures
- Core-Data executeFetchRequest freezes App in a background thread
- Xcode – update ViewController label text from different view
- Force Landscape when orientation is locked
- How to make User logout from twitter fabric ios
- How can I declare a @property but prevent its ivar from being created?
- Simple way to read local file using Swift?
- Ambiguous Use of Subscript in Swift
- cant get ifstream to work in XCode
- Rotate iPad and AdMob to not load again, like iAds
- Continue download in background
- How to select lines of text in a PDF and then highlight them? (iOS)
- Displaying a UIDatePicker inside of a UIPopover