Xcode 9 – no iOS 11 simulator
When I open up the new Xcode 9 and go to
Preferences > Components I don’t see an option to download iOS 11 simulators. I’m 100% sure I have the latest Xcode 9 beta 4
I did some research and found out that Xcode downloads an index to determine what it is able to download. For me that was:
Basically one is able to use it for any Xcode version by determining the DTXcoce:
defaults read /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Info DTXcode .
A result like
0900 must be converted to
And the DVTPlugInCompatibilityUUID:
defaults read /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Info DVTPlugInCompatibilityUUID
https://devimages-cdn.apple.com/downloads/xcode/simulators/index-<the DTXcode>-<the UUID>.dvtdownloadableindex .
And lastly in order to be able to open it:
plutil -convert xml1 <the downloaded .dvtdownloadableindex file>
Can someone verify I have the right dvtdownloadableindex? Or provide a url to the right version? Otherwise I hope someone can provide the url for the complete simulator package by downloading and cancelling the simulator while looking in to
console.app like in this article
- iPhone 6.0 simulator not showing home button or frames
- How do I remove redundant iOS simulator entries from Xcode?
- Xcode - free to clear devices folder?
- Sound not working in iPhone Simulator?
- iPhone simulator - how to detect when app is running on simulator (so can setup test data)?
- The Simulator can't be launched because it is already in use
2 Solutions Collect From Internet About “Xcode 9 – no iOS 11 simulator”
I seem to be pretty stupid, wasting too much time than necessary.
The new iOS 11 simulators were already included in the new Xcode, (however the won’t appear in the settings of Xcode) . You can just open up the simulator (
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app) and choose an iOS 11 device in the
Hardware > Device menu bar.
Xcode.app can be
In Xcode Version 9.0 beta 5 (9M202q)
In the menu Window > Devices and Simlators
- Click on the + button at the bottom left corner
- Choose ‘Device Type’: ‘iPhone SE’
- Then ‘OS Version’: ‘iOS 11.0’ can be choosen
- Get the soundName by soundID to assign it to a UILocalNotification
- Cannot find protocol declaration for
- Changed in XCode to mapping model aren't updated in simulator bundle
- how to add time in current time
- Why are UIAElement's children not equal to themselves?
- Customizing subtitles with AVPlayer
- What's the meaning of view.bounds.origin?
- Clear Label text used in Storyboard
- Printing optional variable
- Using C style unsigned char array and bitwise operators in Swift
- Hide a phone call completely in iOS (jailbreak device)
- Changing an imported library using cocoapods
- iOS4: how do I use video file as an OpenGL texture?
- Unbalanced calls to begin/end appearance transitions for <UINavigationController: 0xa98e050>
- UIWebView delegate method shouldStartLoadWithRequest: equivalent in WKWebView?